North Star, MI
The Vines DGC Share
Uploaded By: volklgirl Hole #12 (Taken 3/2010)

Underated and overlooked

1    7/18/2012   7/19/2012
Review By: Hfactor
This review was updated on 7/21/2012
Pros: This course is actually quite fantastic. It is well maintained, easy to navigate, has a great shot selection. For being on flat ground to add difficulty there is a low ceiling on many of the holes or skinny opening fairways. This course requires good shot selection, power, and accuracy to do well. I almost lost a disc but after a 10 minutes I found it stuck in the tree I had seen it go in(derp). Holes 11 12 and 13 were my favorite. With the land how it is the designer really made a interesting and dynamic course that has a lot to offer. The park is great too, well kept and great facilities.
Cons: Some blind shots (just walk the hole a hundred feet and you can see the pins), not a big deal. No elevation but the low ceilings make up for that.

There is some thick rough, but almost every course I have played has some thick rough and prickers. Just play better and you won't have to deal with the rough :P.

Beginners might not have fun on this course because of this and there are no am pads. But this course has a lot to teach.
Other Thoughts: I think we have Pete Little to thank for a lot of this. I'm not sure who designed it but he deserves a big thank you as well!

Hole 18 actually has an alternate tee pad if you don't want to throw over 150 feet of water.

This course has leagues on Mondays @ 6pm which is ran by Keith Aten. $6 to enter and $1 for ace race. In my opinion this course is far better than Sleepy Hollow. I wish I could rate it a 4.25 but I cant and a 4.0 is too low so I'm rating it a 4.5.