Hoisington , KS
Bicentennial Park Share
Uploaded By: templink Hole #1 (Taken 8/2011)

Bicentennial Park

1    5/21/2013   5/21/2013
Review By: Heater88
Pros: Easy to follow. Good use of space and limited trees. Park was well maintained. Had the course to myself.
Cons: Tee signs have seen better days. Sign #5 is still missing (or I never found it). Watch out for walkers/joggers. #9 doesn't finish close to parking lot.
Other Thoughts: I played the course straight up first. Every hole was a driver followed up by putter. Once I got to #9 I played basket to basket backwards back to #1. I was able to practice a few mid-range shots that way.

Hoisington

1    8/17/2011   8/17/2011
Review By: templink
Pros: -Grass tees are marked by small signs indicating hole number and distance to basket.
-Baskets are numbered.
-Easy navigation to next hole, always a plus for first time playing a course.
-Well maintained grass
-Every fairway offered at least some challenge: a tree or a slight bend. No pointless holes.
Cons: -No welcome sign or map.
-Hole #5 basket is there but tee sign missing. I think the new Cheyenne Bottoms Inn was built on the fairway. You can still shoot at the basket from wherever you want, but obviously need to avoid hitting the hotel.
Other Thoughts: Decent 9 hole course. Suitable for beginners, or advanced players looking for a short or practice round. I was here in August and the grass was dry, so I didn't miss having actual tee pads. Under wet conditions, concrete or asphalt would be preferable for stable footing.