Nashville, TN
Uploaded By: ambroze Hole #18
3 / 398ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

5+    3/6/2012   3/9/2012
Review By: entangled
Pros: Not too much to brag about here. There are baskets here, that is always good. People new to the game can throw a good round here without climbing up and down hills now that there has been a remodel of the layout. Nice practice spot where you don't have to worry about losing discs. Also for the locals this is a great place for practice ripping on the old pad and pin positions that were very long and downhill.
Cons: The bad thing is that this place is usually very crowded with non disc golfers making it hard to shoot a round without distractions and holdup's. With the new layout there are lot of the same shot back and forth along the sides of the hills. There are several dangerous tee locations as well. Not much shade, hardly any trash cans, no benches, etc. Least favorite of all Nashville courses by most locals. They have managed to destroy a great course in my opinion. It's a shame too because this was one of the only courses where you could come rip your driver with full power and get the full potential out of the disc down those awesome elevation changes that they hardly use anymore. Out of towners will have a tough time of trying to find their way around the course. Hole 1 is by the main entrance by the road by the way. Signs are clustered and confusing now.
Other Thoughts: I used to play here often after a round at Seven Oaks to get some major elevation rips out there. I used to kill it here before they made it even easier. Sure walking up those hills was tiresome but the shots at the top back down were unlike anything we had here in Nashville. Now they barely use the great elevation changes here. Instead of shooting down an awesome hill you are shooting across back and forth. Still hot and shadeless and walking back and forth, just not getting that awesome shot. Used to have concrete tees, accurate signs, and awesome shots. Now none of the above. On an early morning if no one is there I still go and play the old layout. It can still be done with a couple of minor changes. 18 is one of the only shots like there used to be. I will miss 14 from the top of the hill forever.

I guess I see what they were trying to do with the remodel. Due to the shared park with non disc golfers there were some very dangerous and sometimes annoying situations. Throwing a blind shot down on 3 to see an angry biker coming up around the hill that you almost killed was never good. New players were always complaining about the hills so it hardly got played and they were probably trying to increase traffic. The climb was worth it for the shot in my eyes though. The higher the climb the more fun the shot. I loved seeing my discs fly farther than they ever had before down those rolling fairways.

There used to be a 10 percent window of the year that I really enjoyed playing here. Early fall when the wind and sun were not so bad and the children were at school. Now I hardly have the urge to go at all, unless I know that no one is there and I can shoot the old school route.