Nashville, TN
Two Rivers Park Share
Uploaded By: dgdoctor Hole #4 (Taken 5/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Still Needs Some Improvements

5+    10/13/2011   10/14/2011
Review By: boondock339
Pros:
Baskets - Yes, it has them. They are older, but functional, and that's all you can really ask for.
Maintenance - Seems to be well-maintained. Grass is cut on a regular basis. Not a lot of foliage to deal with.
Bathrooms - There is a port-a-potty in the overflow parking lot. I guess this could be a con depending on your view of port-a-pottys, but at least it has something in case nature calls.
Parking - Plenty of it
Scenic Beauty - It's a good looking park...lots of big trees
Course Design - Is it an improvement over what was previously there? Yes. It had no where to go but up though. I suppose that it makes the best use of the space available.
Not crowded
Regular events - Yes, random draw doubles every Thursday at 5:30
Cons:
Tee Pads - There is concrete for some tees and carpet for others. There are also concrete tees that go nowhere, which could be confusing to someone who has never played the course.
Tee Signs - I'm sorry, maybe I'm a stickler for details, but this is completely sorry. What you have is the old sign which is large, and then somebody stuck a newly printed, much smaller sheet of paper with the new info on it. And when I say stuck, I mean just thrown in there. Some were straight and some were crooked. You can still see the old signage underneath. It's pretty sloppy.
Benches - couldn't find any
Trash Cans - I saw 1 on #1 and one near #3/4 but nothing else except what already exists by the picnic shelters.
I played Two Rivers yesterday evening after not having played it in a while. I live about 4 minutes from the course, and while it is the most convenient course to where I reside, I prefer to play other courses in the area. I was curious to see the "improvements" made to the course. The new layout is a definite improvement, but this course still has a ways to go before it gets a better rating from me. It will never be an amazing course, so I guess you just have to appreciate it for what it is. It is an extremely open course, and it is a great course to learn on. I would say there's virtually zero chance you could lose a disc here. For people that are little bit more seasoned, it can be a good place to work on some distance drives and to work on your elevation game. If you are getting ready to play in a tourney that has a course that is notorious for windy conditions, then this might be a good place to prepare. I have never played a round at Two Rivers when it wasn't windy to some degree.

Random Thought: It might be interesting to put in a sister course across the pedestrian bridge at Shelby Bottoms Park. It could be a nice compliment to the open nature of Two Rivers. Perhaps it could be an alternate 9 holes instead of playing the back 9 at Two Rivers.

Excellent 4 Beginners/Novice

5+    8/10/2011   8/11/2011
Review By: DarrellR
Pros: Great Open drives, tree obstacles, lots of hills. This place is great for beginners and for novice/advanced players to keep your game up to par. Short to long holes helps give the course a mixture of variety. Some holes to get an ace. Very clean and updated holes/tee boxes. Quiet too
Cons: Tee signs aren't in the best shape...plus needs updating from the revamp/remodel recently. Very hilly so it gets tiresome if you aren't in shape. Would stay to the right on hole #13 because of the very high grass and wooded area. Had the pleasure of searching for that.
Other Thoughts: Great for trying for par or sub par. I have played here about 6 times in the past two weeks and love it. Hope you do too. I have gps tracked this course for the Android's app Easy scorecard Pro app. Best app for your phone, hands down.

Great new design

5+    7/22/2011   7/22/2011
Review By: Coast
This review was updated on 3/9/2012
Pros: New course design has made this a very enjoyable round. I've played here over the last 5 years and now I finally have the feeling of playing on a disc golf course.

So often it would be a struggle to play the entire front 9 because of a missing basket or from being so tired going up and down the hills. The front 9 is now well put together with a few walks to tee pads (4->5, 5->6) and it really offers good opportunities to get the most out of your discs.

I would often only go to the backside to break in new disc and test them out. Now both sides offer a fun mix of long and short open drives. The backside being broken up from the monotony of back-and-forth baskets is great. Like stated before some of the best holes were left alone and the new lines for holes work great to move you from hole to hole still.
Cons: This is still a very open course and the Summer in Tennessee is brutal sometimes. Be prepared with sunscreen and look for the occasional shade. It is out there enough to cool one off for a minute.

I'm sure the course will be adding in some garbage cans and benches soon, but until then most haven't been taking their trash out with them and I'd recommend taking a small chair.

Carpet pads are in good shape now, but they always wear and I'm looking forward to the concrete pads.

As always with this course you will have alot of non-disc golfers around and should keep an eye out. Most holes avoid the bike path and pavilions though.
Other Thoughts: I love the new lines on this course and can't wait to get out there more often. I hope that the baskets are moved occasionally to see more and more of the new layout.

I like the one long tee pad used for holes 7 and 9. I could see some additional mandos through out the course to add challenge, but for the most part there is a good mix of RHBH/FH shots as well possible LH shots(?) to be played.

I will definitely make time to get this course back in my routine.

You've got to admit it's getting better. A little better, all the time.

5+    1/8/2011   8/3/2010
Review By: johnnyfoodstamp
This review was updated on 8/8/2014
Pros: UPDATE!!!!!

A lot of work has been done to the course by a dedicated group of locals and I am happy to say this course is now a great addition to the Nashville Disc Golf Scene.

Lots of nice open room here to drive. The best use of the space available. Every single tree or road that could be used to make the course interesting is used. Most holes have multiple pin placements and are moved regularly. Thursday Doubles round at 5pm. $3 entry.
Cons: The course has been updated but parts of the old course are left (old teepads) so this can be confusing without a guide. No benches. This course is more about distance than challenge.
Other Thoughts: I helped work on this course 3 years ago and it makes me feel really good to see the work continuing and the course thriving. It's still far from being a PRO level course but it's a fun city park course near downtown to play if you happen to be in town. It's also connected to Shelby Park via the Greenway so you can technically play Two Rivers anfd Naval Hill if you have a bike and are into it.

1 2 Next >