1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Secluded public park... no one will bother you during round
- rarely crowded, and even if crowded there is enough space between holes to prevent clogging
- Nice when leaves fall as it makes some baskets easier to see
- Good mix of holes going up hill and flat...
- Open and tight, makes for good diversity
Cons: - If you love your disc, have a spotter for holes 7 / 9... ANY shot that isn't straight will go into the very thick underbrush and will be gone forever (RIP Star Katana lost today)... Having someone about 150 feet down will prevent this and the inevitable headache with searching forever.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course.. it is 1/2 mile off of rte 2 which makes it very accessible for someone coming from Western MA or Boston...
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Great course taking form
Pros: - Very cool course with lots of interesting holes
- Some opportunities for bigger (but precise) arms
- Only 12 min. from Devens, making for a pleasant 36 holes in the woods
- Now has 18 holes, with some great additions in the "top" nine
- Quality baskets
- It's clear that a lot of work has been done on this course and it's a reasonable expectation that a lot of work will continue to be done, turning this into the gem it deserves to be
Cons: - Lack of signage hurts both in navigating between holes and at the teebox on blind shots
- Some rough teeboxes
- I imagine this will be a *very* buggy course come summertime, bring bugspray
- A lot of underbrush off of the fairways can make it a little tricky to navigate to errant discs.
Other Thoughts: Despite its open lines of sight, this is a narrow course. That said, there are very few trees in the middle of the narrow fairways, meaning that if you don't stray you won't need to worry about unlucky bounces.
I think there's no doubt that this course is going to blow up in popularity as it nears a more completed state. It's a challenging, but exceptionally fair, course.
Coggshall's location can't be beat. Right off of rt 2, it is a 12 minute drive to Devens DGC, and there's a Play it Again Sports about 1 mile down the road in Leominster to buy some new plastic while you're in the area.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.