2 Helpful / 0 Not
Great course taking form
Pros: - Very cool course with lots of interesting holes
- Some opportunities for bigger (but precise) arms
- Only 12 min. from Devens, making for a pleasant 36 holes in the woods
- Now has 18 holes, with some great additions in the "top" nine
- Quality baskets
- It's clear that a lot of work has been done on this course and it's a reasonable expectation that a lot of work will continue to be done, turning this into the gem it deserves to be
Cons: - Lack of signage hurts both in navigating between holes and at the teebox on blind shots
- Some rough teeboxes
- I imagine this will be a *very* buggy course come summertime, bring bugspray
- A lot of underbrush off of the fairways can make it a little tricky to navigate to errant discs.
Other Thoughts: Despite its open lines of sight, this is a narrow course. That said, there are very few trees in the middle of the narrow fairways, meaning that if you don't stray you won't need to worry about unlucky bounces.
I think there's no doubt that this course is going to blow up in popularity as it nears a more completed state. It's a challenging, but exceptionally fair, course.
Coggshall's location can't be beat. Right off of rt 2, it is a 12 minute drive to Devens DGC, and there's a Play it Again Sports about 1 mile down the road in Leominster to buy some new plastic while you're in the area.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.