Gallatin, TN

Typical

1    5/22/2006   4/15/2008
Review By: ZMan44
This review was updated on 12/10/2008
Pros: Concrete tees, solid baskets, quiet and calm, not very crowded, good use of available terrain.
Cons: There were a lot of small issues. The design. The drainage problems. Altogether, I just wasn't thrilled. It was perfectly average. Nothing more and nothing less.
Other Thoughts: The drainage seems to be an issue on both the back and the front. The last time I played there the back nine had a few holes that played through the open meadow where the fairways were mowed out of grass that was about 3 feet high. Errant drives were nearly impossible to find. On one of the first few holes there is what looks to be a "twigloo". We called it this because it was dense undergrowth that resembled a dome shape. It was thick and we had to retrieve a disc from inside of it...not fun. Overall, It was a break from the courses I play all the time, but nothing that would ever make me say "I can't wait to go back and play this course again!" I actually scratched my eyeball (yes eyeball) throwing out from underneath a fir tree. It swole shut and I finished the round "pirate-style". That really didn't factor into my evaluation of the course. It was fun because it was different, not because it was a great course. I may go back some time if I am bored.