7 Helpful / 0 Not
An excellent course!
Pros: - Multiple tees. This is outstanding. Though I personally haven't played the blues yet, I've watched others. What a difference. This is what makes this course so outstanding as it makes it nice for players of all levels to play. Both tees can be challenging, however, from distance to tricky shots. Just because you are closer doesn't always make things easy!
- Diversity. The course has so many types of holes and shots you must make. It's a wonderful layout through a pretty park. Uphill shots, downhill shots, short and long. There are narrow fairways through the woods and shots where you have to avoid some obstacles. A little water, too, can make things interesting. It has something for everyone.
- Layout. The layout is strong and takes you to different parts of the park. There are times you might have to avoid people walking or hiking, but it's not that bad. You get to see different spots, which is nice. It's a nice and easy layout to follow with good tee signs and boxes.
- Baskets. Top-of-the-line Innova baskets are really nice and stand out. The yellow makes you know where you are shooting. The rattle of those chains, too, is so nice!
- First tee area. It's a cornucopia of information! A board keeps you up to date on the area for disc golf, there's a map and scorecards and it's a really nice spot to open.
- Upkeep. The course is in great shape and it kept well. You can tell the players in the area take pride in the course and do what they can to make things good for all.
- Hole signs. There are signs at the blue tees to show you a layout, par etc. Also, there's signs showing you arrows to which tees you are playing.
- Multi-seasonal. Though I've not made it to a winter season, this course seems like it would be good in all weather (well, maybe not several feet of snow, but still...). The front 9 layout is flat enough where tromping through some snow wouldn't be too bad and the yellow tops of the baskets would stand out nicely.
Cons: - Crossing water on the one hole (No. 5). You have to hope a few cinder blocks. It will be nice if there's a more stable bridge added there.
- Hole signs for both tees would be nice. As it is, there are signs at the blues. But it would be nice if the layout was shown at the whites, too.
Other Thoughts: This course is really made for all levels of players. The beginner can learn easily here (as I have done) and the expert must be able to do some wonders here with the longer tees and challenging shots.
This is one of the first courses I played when I started to dig deeper into my game. I love it and plan on playing it many more times. The people you might run into here are good people and helpful.
I look forward to watching this course continue to grow and improve. I think it will only get better.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: AM and Pro tees to help rookies get started and pros to keep their chops up. Some holes are really challenging if you have trouble throwing far and straight, particularly 4 and 14. I love the baskets they are easy to find because of their color. All around great course very fun to play.
Cons: Dog walkers tend to leave "presents" behind. 5 could use a bridge to cross the creek. Better markers around to park to help out of towners to find the first hole and parking lot.
Other Thoughts: Found people playing this course one day taking a walk through the park and feel in love with the game. Really glad they built one in the area and can't wait until they build more of them.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.