Smyrna, TN
Sharp Springs Park Share
Uploaded By: bjreagh Hole #16 (Taken 7/2011)
3 / 331ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Troll's Review

1    10/15/2013   10/17/2013
Review By: Eric troll Biscuits
Pros: 18 holes
multiple pin placements
Long warm up hole/practice basket
Well maintained
Great lay out and landscape, mix up, open to woods, to hills, to water, great design
privacy
great scenery!
Water hazards
Cons: Not much to say, I guess on the first hole, there were some large vines that looked like they were being preserved, but, I feel that it could be eliminated... its killing the trees, and eventually will die too..
Other Thoughts: This was my favorite in Nashville, still no Mt. Airy!
I know that some people(where I live) don't like the reviews I give.... Well, take a trip to Nashville. I compare courses to the whole world, not just my locality. Obviously, with Nashville's 3 to 4 different disc golf clubs, plethora of great courses... Its sad to say but Cincinnati is lacking behind

A Model Course

5+    1/7/2013   1/11/2013
Review By: WillAnderson
Pros: Bring the whole bag folks because this course will require it! It's a model course because of all the variety. Wooded holes, water holes, ace runs, tight technical roller lovers, open crank-it holes, "privacy" rest benches, & a beautiful landscape that's well maintained by the great folks of Smyrna & the Middle Tennessee Disc Golf Association. 2 holes #3 & #9 over water (with alts) will make or break you. The corn fields & dog legs add some beauty & challenge to the open holes. It's also a model course because of its flow. You start out technical, keep it low moderately wooded 1-3a. After that, a shot over a pond #3 opens up to an open cornfield area #4 & #6. Hole 5 is a tightly wooded make your line count that's hard to park but easy to par. Hole 7 brings you back into the woods & an ace run on #9 over a sink hole. #10 was designed for rollers and will punish you. Relief comes at hole 11 & 12 before #13 brings you back to Earth, requiring a big anhyzer RHBH or tomahawk. By the time you arrive at #15 with a smile or a shaking head, you'll be glad for the downhill ace run where everybody will try to throw out their bags. #16 provides serenity & rest before finishing up in the woods. This course is incredibly well maintained & designed. Even the benches are artistic & custom-made by volunteers. It is well mulched even for a pay course even though it's free!
Cons: They don't call the annual tournament Skeeter Heater for nothing! Bring Deep Woods Off & you'll be fine. It's gonna upset most beginners because of the difficulty if you have a home course that's for babies. The rough is rough lol.
Other Thoughts: Play this course often & watch your score at other courses shoot up! Because of the versatility of the holes & different lines/light elevation changes, you'll find a smorgasbord of different ways to attack each hole. Depending on what season & month you play, Sharp Springs will show a different character. The basket placement changes many times throughout the year, keeping the flow unique, relevant & fresh. NO MATTER WHAT SEASON, YOU'LL LOVE THE CHARACTER OF THIS COURSE!

Well Maintained Course

1    4/28/2012   5/1/2012
Review By: K_Woodcock
Pros: I loved this course. It is very well maintained and lots of ground work done to make it nice on the eyes. Compared to many of the other middle TN courses it is very well done.
Cons: I hear there are lots of bugs in the summer but I didn't have any problem with them so, I don't have any cons.
Other Thoughts: Seven Oaks and Cedar Hill are my two favorite in Middle TN and after playing Sharp Springs it is now right up there, if not the best.

1    8/19/2010   8/19/2010
Review By: siscownage
Pros: Very well maintained, friendly folks, a solid course that will challenge amateurs and pros alike. I have played almost all of the courses in middle Tennessee, and this one is the most balanced and fun to play of all of them.
Cons: Mosquitoes can be almost unbearable sometimes, gets very crowded around 5 o'clock on most days.
Other Thoughts: A deceivingly difficult course that has really helped out my game tremendously since I play on it the most. The only other course I have played in middle Tennessee that I personally found to be more difficult was Cedar Hill. But, the overall difficulty does nothing to take away from the great balance this course has.

Best Course in Middle TN

1    10/11/2009   10/12/2009
Review By: tjonesbusiness
Pros: Very well laid out, good mix of woods and open areas, scenary is great, you will find experienced players there
Cons: wish it was closer to Nashville
Other Thoughts: I was extremely impressed with Sharp Springs. I play Cedar Hill quite often but SS adds a different feel and challenge. The couse is very well kept up. It is very challenging BUT not impossible. If you throw a good shot, it is very rewarding. If you get stuck, you're in a world of hurt. Well worth the drive. Bring bug spray.

Sharp Springs disc golf course: Smyrna, TN

5+    8/23/2009   8/25/2009
Review By: slowRoll
This review was updated on 9/15/2010
Pros: This course's pin positions change on a regular basis, there are great tight fairways and length to challenge the advanced golfer. Two signature holes come to mind with hole 3 drive needing to carry to make the bank on the other side of the pond and the cliff hole that is hole 9. If you want to get better at disc golf, play this course. The local club shovels a ridiculous amount of mulch and gravel, gravel walk paths between holes, mulch everywhere...feels like country club disc golfing.
Cons: Mosquitoes are bad in the spring, bring bug spray. Large crowds on beautiful days can slow down a round.
Other Thoughts: Definitely in my top 5, play it for yourself and it'll probably be in yours too.

Not trying to pub myself , but I did create a complete course directory if you plan on visiting and playing in middle TN. You can walkthrough these courses via slideshows and read a brief writeup of any of our courses in under 2 minutes.

Love this course

5+    1/19/2009   1/19/2009
Review By: christopherM
Pros: I have gotten some of my best shots playing this course an it's in my home town... fortunate! Total Dog leg heaven. Unique holes very cool enviorment.
9 & 15 are my favorites. But I do love them all 4 the most part.
By the way I am the one that started the bottle top trails something I picked up from a course in WI, hope everybody is cool with it :)
Cons: Corn field on 4 and 6 can be agravating in season. Don't like water hazard on three
Other Thoughts: Looking for new people to run rounds, maybe doubles or what ever .... local an interested email me if a member

One of the best I've played

5+    9/12/2008   9/12/2008
Review By: dwellman
This review was updated on 7/5/2010
Pros: Excellent use of terrain.
Absolutely perfect mix of open and wooded and long and short holes.
Cons: Gnats.
Baskets (8, 10, 16, 17) can be difficult to see / spot for first timers
Other Thoughts: Love this course. Almost makes me want to move to the area so I can play it more often. #9 is one of my all time favs. #15 is the quintessential disc golf hole.

There are two #3 (3a and 3b) and #9 has an alternate tee for the weak.

Additionally, I do believe that is the alternate pin for 15, if it's too short for you.

Last I was there I noticed the underbrush in and around the stand of trees guarding 12 was cleared. Cool!

Play a round and head over to Jim & Nicks for some good Barbeque

LOVE sharp springs!

6/4/2008   6/4/2008
Review By: ChrisULM
Pros: This is probably the best designed course that I have ever played. Perfect mix of short, long, wooded, and open shots that will have you using every shot in your arsenal. The wooded holes are challenging but provide clear lines to the basket. There is a practice basket in a large field for warming up before a round.
Cons: The ONLY problem that I have with this course is the mosquitoes. They are terrible! Even if you coat yourself with repellent, they still fly around your face and annoy the heck out of you.
Other Thoughts: The amount of time and effort that the locals put into this course is amazing. They do a fantastic job.

Sharp Springs is insane!

12/12/2007   12/12/2007
Review By: Officermick
Pros: Unreal scenery, animals/wildlife everywhere. SICK water shots (I waded in 3' of muck to save my Champion Beast!), VERY well-groomed, clean. Several tight shots as well as several wide open.
Cons: More trashcans! And, the hole signs/maps were laminated 8.5x11" paper that absorbed moisture. This made it hard to see. And perhaps a FEW trees could be cut?
Other Thoughts: I am fairly new to this sport. I've played most of the Middle Tennessee courses and played Sharp Springs for the first time today. I LOVED IT and will return again and again...