For First Timers
Pros: - Nice park setting, with plenty of other recreational activities. Probably a great course for family functions.
- Park patrons were friendly. Great for young children.
- An extremely quick play and easy to follow layout. Some hole markers have directional arrows towards basket.
- No chance to lose a disc in the water or in overgrowth.
Cons: - Nothing unique or challenging about any of the holes. They are straight forward 160 - 220 feet. Putter or dialed down mid-range for every tee shot.
- No practice basket or practice area. But then again the whole course is a practice area.
- Lots of non disc golfing patrons in the park. I had to wait several times for joggers/walkers and soccer players.
- No course map or community board (does however have a disc golf rules and etiquette sign post)
- Course lacks shade at most tee box areas.
- No alternate baskets or tee pads. Tee areas are grass with no defined line.
- Course is tucked way back into a residential community. If you're not from the area you'd get lost if you didn't have GPS.
Other Thoughts: - This course will work for first timers, beginners and for practice only. Intermediate players and above will be disappointed. For those just briefly in the area, I recommend Limona Disc Golf Course (about 8 miles away NW)
7 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: 9 holes of disc golf
Baskets are in great shape
Great seeing a disc golf course in a multi-use park.
If you live nearby it would be a great course to practice putting and upshots.
Other than that, that is about all the positive that can be said for this course.
Cons: Other park users constantly come into play. Holes are extremely short and take pretty much no skill. If you have any decent skills expect to have a very good look at birdie on every hole. Hole 2 is the only one with any obstacle with a guardian tree on the hyzer route.
Don't play this course if you are in the area unless you are at Limona and want to see something different. You would be better off playing Limona again than going to this course.
Other Thoughts: Not a lot to this course. 9 holes pretty much dead straight and short with no obstacles. Happy to see a disc golf course in a multi-use park. In many ways this doesn't work so well here because of the proximity of the pins to the playgrounds, courts, and soccer field. If anyone else is using this park it will be an inconvenience.
I won't play this course again and would probably only play it if I lived within 5 minutes of it. I hate to down a disc golf course but this course really has no challenge. Only other reason to play this park is if you have hit 99% of the courses in Florida and need to round out playing every course in the state.
7 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.