Valrico, FL
Buckhorn Park Share
Uploaded By: huskie2husker Hole #4 (Taken 5/2010)

9 Under in 9 Minutes.

1    10/10/2013   10/10/2013
Review By: Charbachuk
Pros: - Located in a really nice neighborhood.
- Brand new baskets.
- Natural Tee-pads are very well taken care of.
- Course is a very good use of extra space in this very small park.
- Everyone hole is an ace run.
- Very easy to shoot 9 under par and finish in about ten minutes.
- Tee-signs display everything you need.
Cons: - This course is what it is; very short with only two holes over 200 feet.
- Some of the holes could interact with other park features if you're not careful.
- Every shot is a hyzer putter shot for RHBH.
- No signature hole....at all.
Other Thoughts: - I could see an attempt to break the power golf world record here (Hint Hint).

- This is a nice course for what it is, nothing special but if you live in the area i could see it being played very often. This is one of those courses where the land was there to put in a pitch and putt and they did the best that they could.

- I wouldn't make a day trip out of this course alone, I would however use this course as a warmup if playing nearby Meddard.

It is what it is....

2-4    11/3/2012   11/6/2012
Review By: davmer2303
This review was updated on 12/2/2012
Pros: This course is found on your GPS as Buckhorn Park, and is located at the back of a windy subdivision. It contains nine baskets with the longest hole being 225'. I'm a newish player, and this had value to me for mid and putter practice. The baskets are nice and the directional markers do show where they are located. There is a little tree issue on hole two, but other than that it's wide open. It can be played quickly with all holes aceable/birdieable and makes for a much nicer afternoon than sitting in the house.
Cons: There are no teepads, although this is not that big of a deal with the short shots. It is not difficult, and therefore you don't get much work on different shot types. Due to the lack of trees, the park is windswept, so putting can be hard... This is a multi use park and the course winds by the basketball court, the entry road (over it), the walking track, and the volleyball court. If you do not play early, people WILL be in your way. (or you will be in their way) Hole one is pretty much unplayable when a basketball game is played.
Other Thoughts: If you enjoy throwing in an open field where a basket might get in the way, then this course is for you. You can play easily with one or two discs, or just try different lines on your mids. I had fun here, and if you understand what it offers, then you may too.

Simple little subdivision course

1    4/16/2012   4/17/2012
Review By: RussMB
This review was updated on 2/15/2013
Pros: -Entry Level course: Great for beginners, practice, pitch & putt
-Plays quick for anyone wanting a fast round
-Tee marker has distance and arrow pointing to the basket.
-It's a neighborhood course that is available to the locals in the subdivision
-Clean and well maintained
-very easy to navigate
-Kids would probably have a great time playing here.
Cons: -The course plays throughout a neighborhood park, other activities are always a factor.
- Though it plays around the perimeter of the park, park goers can still wander in the line of fire.
-No tee pad, just a marker.
-Throws across a walking trail and the entrance road.
-It's in the heart of a subdivision, and not easily accessed
Other Thoughts: You probably know by now if this is somewhere you want to play. This is a neighborhood rec park course. So I'm not going to be too harsh on it. There is not a lot to this course. It is very small and located in the middle of a labyrinth of a subdivision. It reminded me of a course that would be installed at a summer camp. Simple, easy, and available to everyone. I played this course with a Roc and a putter, and I really didn't need both. It took me about 15 minutes to run through the whole course. No fun factor for me, but then again I saw a group of local neighborhood friends playing here and having a great time.

Unless you live in the neighborhood, there really isn't much of a draw to play here. The only reason that I chose this park was to get another notch in the "Played" belt. You will want a GPS or a map to navigate the subdivision. It's hidden in the middle and not easily accessible. Once I arrived, part of me felt like I was getting the "Who's the stranger?" stare. I was actually surprised to find there wasn't a guard gate at the entrance to the community.

I don't want to end it on a down note, because someone put effort into installing this course. If this course was in my neighborhood, I would have no problem frequenting it, taking people out, introducing them to the sport, or just practicing my game. It's relative to those that have access to it. I wouldn't even consider it a rec course. It's more of a "Fun thing to do at a park" type of course.

Final thought: Not worth the drive, but if I lived in the subdivision I wouldn't complain.

Nice Beginner Course

1    8/13/2011   8/13/2011
Review By: thrembo
This review was updated on 6/14/2013
Pros: A nice little course in a nice neighborhood.

+ Tee signs with distance and direction arrows on them.

+ Very Clean and well maintained park.

+ Holes range from around 160' to 225'. Great for beginners.

+ Ace race for seasoned players. (I hit Metal on one drive)

+ Some usage of available trees to force a little shot diversity.

+ Playground, plenty of garbage cans, and picnic tables.

+ Nice baskets.
Cons: - No restrooms? I didn't see any.

- No tee pads at all. Not a huge deal for a course like this though.

- Walking path, vollyball, soccer fields, basketball, and a playground crammed into a small space, with a disc golf course winding through and around it. Could be a problem during peak park usage.

- Could benifit from a few minor course changes (#9 throws over the entrance road, could easily be avoided by moving the tee across the street).
Other Thoughts: That said, I found this to be a fun little course. Sure, most of us could play the whole course with a putter, and maybe a mid, but I like throwing a course like this once in awhile.

We definately need beginner courses like this too, there was a 1st timer on the course when we were throwing.

If a more challenging course is required, Edward Medard is a few miles away!

Nice Short Course

5+    6/17/2010   6/17/2010
Review By: pastorfrf
Pros: Well kept! Friendly park goers.
Cons: 1st hole can be a challenge when basketball court is full. Very short ranges.
Other Thoughts: I like this park and course. Great for beginers! I got my first hole in one on #1. I play here several times a week because it is so close to where I live.