Miami, FL
Kennedy Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit   (Taken 7/2010)

Awful Awful Awful

1    12/16/2011   3/24/2012
Review By: coolbrees15
Pros: The biggest pro to this course is there are some baskets there to throw at. In addition, there is a tee pad and sign for a magic hole 9 that does not exist. This is one of only two course that I have played that you can act as your own course designer and create where to tee off from on each hole. The park is sort of interesting to walk around in and there are bathrooms on site. Though the bathrooms were really scummy and disgusting. Other than that there are no pros to this course and it is hands down the worse course I have ever played. I really struggled to even come up with these few pros.
Cons: While Disc Golf Course Review claims there are four holes on the course, I could only find three baskets in the park. There was a metal pole stuck in the ground at another spot that one would assume was where the fourth basket was. There are no tee pads for any of the baskets and there are no signs for the baskets either. Most of the baskets are broken and missing chains or the wiring on the underneath of the basket is missing so putts fall through. While it can be sort of fun to create your own hole by choosing the tee location this quickly looses any interest and just becomes annoying. The rest of park goers just look at us as if we were strange when we were playing the "course" (note sarcasm). They did not understand that if we were getting ready to throw a disc at a basket it would not be good idea then to walk in front of the basket.
Other Thoughts: This is the worst course I have played and to call it a course is a stretch. There are only three baskets remaining and they all have issues. The only reason to play the course is if you are in the area and are trying to bag as many courses as you can.

No longer a course

1    6/1/2000   6/1/2010
Review By: denny ritner
Pros: none
Cons: A long time ago, this was the first disc golf course in Miami. At present there are less than a handful of the original 9 baskets remaining. No tees, no signs, no course.
Other Thoughts: The remaining baskets in this park need to be rescued and re-planted somewhere else. This should not be listed in the directory. The baskets in the park do get used as grills, it's a very sad thing.

This is not a course

1    4/23/2010   4/23/2010
Review By: roclover
Pros: There are still a few baskets standing.
Cons: See "Other thoughts"
Other Thoughts: Basically this is not a course. Maybe at one time it was, but now almost all the tees, signs and baskets are destroyed. DO NOT bother trying to play disc golf here, because there is no course.

The one good thing that came from my visit to the park was that I was able to introduce the sport to some people. I spent some time playing catch with my brother using some different putters and mid-ranges and some people came over and started asking questions like.

"What kind of frisbee is that?"
"How can you throw so far?"
"How do you make it curve like that?"

etc..

In the end I was able to tell them about disc golf and direct them to some real courses in the area.

I hope that eventually the people of South FL will start to appreciate the sport because I'd love to have some more courses to play next time I come down to visit family.