Orefield, PA
Wehr's Dam/Covered Bridges Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #12 (Taken 4/2011)

Short Stack

2-4    7/30/2014   8/23/2014
Review By: jbetz45453
Pros: Concrete tee pads. Nice variety of holes as some are in the open and some are in the woods.
Cons: Needs new signs as it could be hard to figure out where to go your first time here. It is a little short overall with only a few longer holes. Seems like a birdie on most of the holes here is like getting a par most other places.
Other Thoughts: I enjoy playing here. Was lucky enough to be following a group ahead of me the first time I was here so i was able to get around easily.

Short Quick Course

5+    5/20/2014   5/22/2014
Review By: Smf5125
Pros: Short fun course that allows for low scores for intermediate players and great course to practice your finesse shots.

Every hole allows for a birdie with a decent drive.

A nice change of pace from many of the other courses around the area.

Not much traffic after the first two holes (and that is only if a youth baseball game is being played)
Cons: This course is not extremely challenging to players who may play regularly.

The back nine can get confusing with the layout of the holes and, if there is a group in front of you, sometime you are waiting as to not throw into them.
Other Thoughts: This course is my favorite second course of the day. If I have played another course earlier and didn't think I had enough energy to play either a Jordan Park course or similar, I will go to this course with a friend and be done with a full 18 in little more than an hour.

Executive Course

1    5/31/2012   6/20/2012
Review By: jonhat42
Pros: Interesting mix of holes with a good use of the natural obstacles and available land. Course has good flow and nice scenery for the most part. This is a great course if you are looking to play a quick 18. You wont find many holes where you risk losing discs as the course is well maintained.
Cons: i doubt most serious players would find this course challenging, it is designed for the novice player. The directional signage is in poor repair and not accurate, but the course is so short it often is not needed. We just happened to play this as a stop off on a road trip which was great as you only need 2 hours max to play it. The starting point is not in the main park which made it a little difficult to find at first, trust your GPS there is a seperate parking lot for the beginning of this course.
Other Thoughts: I would play this course again in a heartbeat, the greater allentown area has a number of nice courses and this would be a great warm up course to play in the morning prior to taking on my favorite course in this area Nocamixon which is a beast! This course has potential though and could easily be adjusted by moving the tee boxes back on some holes to offer more length; especially on some of the open holes. As a young child I grew up fishing the creek that winds through this park so it is great to see 25+ years later that they added my favorite sport to this childhood memory.

Quality short play

1    5/10/2012   5/11/2012
Review By: raynger27
Pros: Starts open and then transitions into the woods. Nice mix over the first 12 holes. Hole 6 is very unique, with its location uphill behind a huge bolder right off the tee. Hole 12 is also enjoyable with a large downhill elevation change to a short tee with the creek behind. The tee pads are concrete (either slab or large pavers), which appears to be a recent update compared to previous reviews. The baskets were in nice shape and the overall park is very clean and well maintained, sans a few pieces of glass. I played this entire course with my 5 year old son in tow, and we both had a good time. The rough isn't too rough, so chasing an errant disc shouldn't be a problem.
Cons: Tee signs. They start off fine, but as you move along, most of them have been vandalized beyond recognition. Luckily, most of the holes are short, but some of the baskets are still hard to locate the first time out. I found myself pulling out the smart phone to reference the DGCR website to get an idea of pin distance. It's unfortunate this stuff happens because it really took away from my overall ability to enjoy the course. The baskets would also benefit from being labeled with numbers, since some are so close together, it's unclear which one to aim at initially

Holes 13 through 17 are very similar and are located in close proximity, so there is potential to walk through someone else's shot on a different hole if not careful. 17 in particular really seems to have been shoehorned in. The same goes for holes 9/10 which play parallel to one another in close proximity. I had to wait off to the side on 9 after my tee shot to ensure I didn't get plunked by another group playing hole 10.

There is also a lot of poison ivy here, so be careful.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I enjoyed the course for a quick run through 18 holes. Some of the issues I mention will only impact a first time golfer. The holes are all short, which made par possible even with an errant tee shot. Success on this course should be measured in birdies, where other courses in the area I feel great accomplishment in getting par. This was the first time since playing the sport I felt an entire round under par was possible. There are some nice ace run opportunities here for people who don't have big arms. Not easy runs, mind you, just potentials based on distance. Really experienced players may not enjoy the course (go to Jordan Creek instead). Take the online map, I found it useful. I only live 30 mins away, so I will be back in the future.