Cookeville, TN
Uploaded By: kennymac Hole #17

Worth the short drive

2-4    7/20/2012   8/14/2012
Review By: Rosswake
Pros: I enjoyed everything about this course. The signage is clear, the holes are creatively laid out and allow for multiple drive/approach options. I always enjoy knowing other disc-golfers are around and this course had plenty. This course has a variety of holes that incorporate elevation changes, wooded fairways, water hazards (one reminded me of hole 16 in Augusta -for you ball golfers out there) wide open holes on occasion that will give you a chance to let it rip and even the occasional temptation to "tomahawk" from the tee box. I had a chance to play a round with one of the guys that runs the course and you can see how his passion for making the course a top notch course has had its mark. I'm excited for my next trip to Cookeville so I can play another few rounds at this course.
Cons: Hardly any cons at all, but there was some "evidence" on holes 7,8,9 that there are a lot of geese around the area. Not a big deal, just watch your step on those holes.
Other Thoughts: If you are playing later in the day and want to get as many holes in as you can, play the back 9 first because they are mostly wooded and the front 9 is mostly in the open (which gives you a little more daylight to work with).

5+    5/14/2009   9/14/2009
Review By: trippin4knuggs
Pros: Great setup and really takes advantage of the landscape. Close to campus only 18 hole course for miles.
Cons: A couple holes don't drain water well mostly the backside of the front nine.
Other Thoughts: This course has a special place in my heart. Played more disc golf while in college here then should have.

Excellent Course

5+    12/29/2008   1/1/2009
Review By: surge99
Pros: First off this is my home course. I have played it 100+ times. This course has a nice diversity of shots from short and long open to tightly wooded technical holes of varying distances. This course also has 41 total pins positions which allows it to very different each time it is played. Baskets are moved on a re fairly regular basis to keep things fresh. Several opportunities for ob's and water add this this courses difficulty. Beautiful water shot on hole 16 that is probably the signature hole of this course. There is also a concession stand at hole 1 that serves food and beverages during the summer. Also restrooms are near holes 10, 11 and 17. It is also mowed at least once a week during the summer.
Cons: This is a very popular park in the city. Lots of non-golfers in the park most of the time. There is a bit of a walk from hole 9 to hole 10, hole 11 to hole 12, and hole 17 to hole 18, but there are signs now in place to guide unfamiliar golfers.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is an excellent course, well groomed and maintained year round. Huge diversity of shot types and pin locations. Worth the time and travel to experience this course.

Wide open and fun front 9

1    6/24/2008   6/24/2008
Review By: basmith42
This review was updated on 10/31/2008
Pros: I only played the front 9. The first few holes had fairly defined fairways and some changes of elevation. Holes 4-9 were fairly open. The grass was cut short so I had no trouble finding thrown disks. Nice concrete tees.
Cons: The course seemed to end at the 9th hole. I didn't realize there were more holes until I saw a sign for 12 on the way out. If the sun wasn't setting, I would have tried the back 9.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed this course. If I wasn't throwing alone or had a local to "guide" me, I might have played the back 9.
** Update on 10/31/08- I see pics of tee signs on the site pics. These signs were not in place when I played. They would have made the course much better. I raised my rating to a 4 because of them.