Azusa, CA
Uploaded By: mikelimas61

1    2/1/2010   2/2/2010
Review By: Danger
This review was updated on 11/24/2011
Pros: -All baskets are numbered
-Tee signs and concrete pads make course relatively easy to navigate
-Distances indicated on tee signs
-Large map near tennis courts showing course map. Make sure to take some time to generally memorize the layout.
-Seemed basically DG exclusive
-Clean, quiet, and litter free.
Cons: -Shallow baskets
-Tee signs had no maps on them
-Flat, minus one 3 foot tall hill
-Two fairways and tees throw directly at each other (however I doubt it ever draws a large enough crowd to make this a problem)
Other Thoughts: This course is on a rectangular plot of grassy park land near a tennis court in a residential neighborhood. While the area seems DG exclusive when people are playing, there is a walking path that borders the park, and a street on one side of it. I parked on one of the side streets so I wouldn't huck a disc at my window.

The tee signs had a short paragraph about how to play each hole, which is something I have never seen before. They indicated the distance on each one, and on one which happened to be a par 2, it let us know. Unfortunately, not having a map on them made it sort of difficult to tell which pin to throw at, especially toward the beginning where they do not follow a simple circle around the park. If you take the time to go look though, all of the baskets have numbers on them.

Saw only one other group playing and I have no doubt that there are numerous ways to play this course other than the provided 9. If I had a park like this near my house I would visit it ALL the time. Perfect for practicing. That being said, I can't say I would go out of the way to play it.

Holes are short enough to entertain a beginner, yet there is enough variety to provide a moderate challenge. I am not very good at disc golf and I finished my only time playing there under par. Holes play around the trees in the park effectively and makes sure they come into play whenever possible. A great neighborhood course.

Learn how to play here

1    8/7/2008   8/7/2008
Review By: bazillion
This review was updated on 12/9/2012
Pros: Clean course with no distractions. The holes are generally short and hazards minimal, so beginners can come out and practice basic shots. I've heard there's a gorilla course that the locals know about but I've nevver played it.
Cons: Very repetitive, some ridiculously short (par 2) holes, no challenges at all here unless you count avoiding hitting other park users.

I heard there's one guy who lives in the condos to the north who gets mad if your disc lands in his yard.
Other Thoughts: 12/2012 update: I've downgraded this course a half a disc because since I wrote the original review I've had a chance to play some really good niners and this one just pales by comparison.

Unless you're an utter noob and live within 10 miles, I'd say give it a pass.