Orange, CT
High Plains DGC Share
Uploaded By: Aubin Hole #4 (Taken 4/2010)
Hole #4 Tee: 380' straight with basket on cliff left side

Needs some work

1    4/3/2015   4/3/2015
Review By: maninthebox
Pros: Good terrain, nice use of elevation. Once you find the next hole, there's at least a sign pointing to the basket.
Cons: This has been stated before, but I feel the need to underscore it; there needs to be some direction to the next hole. Every time I finished a hole, I'd look around trying to figure out which way to go and it took a minute or 2 of wandering and looking for the trash can at the next tee box. Once you've played a round or 2, no big deal, but for first timers, this gets frustrating. Hole 8's tee box was an ankle-buster, with lots of rocks making a run-up difficult.
Other Thoughts: Bright yellow Innova Discatchers were actually very helpful in finding the next hole. Many holes, I'd spot the basket first and use that to determine where the tee box probably was. I never did find the tee for hole #2.

1    6/24/2014   6/26/2014
Review By: reposado
Pros: This niner is better than I expected and certainly better than I assumed after the first two holes. If you are tempted to call it quits after glancing down the second fairway, don't. It gets better. There are a bunch of solid holes here that are fun to throw. I'm speaking of 3, 4, 5 and especially 8. Quality holes. 6 and 9 seemed like they were of equal quality, at least in terms of the fairway shape but I never found the tees for those.
It makes for a quick, fairly easy and mostly fun round. The experience is boosted by the aesthetics. It feels out there, with a swiftly-running stream and a lookout point just feet from a basket that gives an incredible view. With some improvements, this could be a really great place.
Cons: 1 looked intriguing from the top but I wasn't entirely sure where I was supposed to throw from or where I was aiming. I'm left wondering if a regular player could create a loop that skipped 2 because I honestly wouldn't care to play it. There is just no fairway wider than a goat path. Since 7 runs down a service road for most of its length, that leaves only six quality holes here. Those six are very playable but still, only six.
The navigation is pretty messy though. Since there are no tees or signs, and you are typically looking for a number spray-painted onto a tree, it can be difficult to find where you are supposed to tee off from. The tees themselves are nonexistent. Not always flat and frequently broken up by roots or rocks. Real tees and signs would make a difference for the traveling player.

Needs trimming badly

1    8/8/2013   8/8/2013
Review By: polishedmarvel
Pros: Nice to have another disc golf course in the area, if you live locally, which I don't :)
Cons: At least half of the holes lack a fairway due to trees and branches. A little tough to find your way around the course if it's your first time. If you get into the rough (almost everywhere) it can be really tough to find your disc.
Other Thoughts: I suspect with judicious trimming this could be a challenging but fun course. I'm not a fabulous player, but I can at least imagine a shot at other courses. Here, not so much.

still in progress

1    10/12/2010   10/21/2010
Review By: gottafixit
Pros: Hand painted tee signs
fun mix of holes
Next tee arrow at the bottom of the basket
Cons: tees not the easiest to see or well defined
could only find one set of tees
some fairways need definition
no map
Other Thoughts: I love woods courses and this was a fun little course but it still has some progress to be made. There is no kiosk yet or map available but the first tee isn't hard to find. The tees I could find were marked with flags and had a nice hand painted tee sign somewhere near them. I only found one tee per hole which I believe were the shorter ones. The holes had a good mix of shots and used the land well to maximize on the elevation changes avilable(8 I think come to mind nice uphill shot). At the bottom of the basket there were next tee arrows which helped but the paths were not always well define and the tees were sometimes hard to spot. I never found 7's tee I just shot from atop the grassy knoll. I also felt that a few holes could benifit from some more defintion(6). All in all it's a great little course that has the potential to get better. Define the tees(couldn't fine the second set), fairways, and paths(line them with downed trees maybe), and supply a map and this could jump at least disc.