Greenville, SC
Furman University Share
Uploaded By: BennettUA Hole #6 (Taken 5/2010)
Hole #6 Tee: Basket is up and to the right

dissappointing

1    12/31/2010   12/31/2010
Review By: keltik
Pros: - Beautiful scenery
Cons: - no course map or any indication where to start
- no tee signs or any type of signs related to DG
- parking
- not very challenging
Other Thoughts: this was a difficult course to locate. It was also a surprisingly busy area for New Years Eve. I was the only DGer on the course but there were many walkers, hikers, and bikers using the area. I can see this area being super crowded when school is in session.

I didn't mind that there were no teepads. the part that got me was that when I walked from where I parked (across the lake) I saw the ninth basket and I then had to walk the course backwards to find the beginning. after I played through I saw where the beginning was in relation to where I parked. there were no signs to indicate there was a course and where to begin. there were several no trespassing signs and a huge sign for the XC course. a university as prestigious and expensive as Furman should have at least one sign saying start DG play here. since there were no signs whatsoever I missed playing #2.

I would not recommend this course for anyone unless they are visiting a Furman student. this course is overrated for what it is. It is not very challenging and it is difficult to navigate.

Needs more development

1    6/20/2010   6/22/2010
Review By: tick
Pros: Beautiful campus area. A few pretty good holes. Appropriate for a learning facility.
Cons: Course is hard to navigate without a map or guide. Holes 5-9 wind through an area which gets used by a challenge course and several different paths, so at times it may be too crowded to play. Difficult to find the first tee. No course information posted anywhere as far as I could find. No directional signs or tee signs. Tee markers are hard to find.
Other Thoughts: This course REALLY needs basic signage. I asked a campus cop how to find the course after driving all over campus, and he had to radio in for directions. I never found tees 2, 5, 8 or basket #9. I think maybe #9 goal was in the middle of a challenge course group while I was there. Additional tees and basket placements could increase the variety and challenge. If signage were up I could give this course a 2-2.5, but more tees, goals or a more challenging layout would have to be done for me to get up to 3 or more.