Not a Fan
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: 1. The tees show par and distance.
2. Good course for beginners.
3. Playground for the kids.
4. Hole 8 is a unique blind throw over a small hill.
5. Used the creek as a water hazard.
Cons: Baskets are old and worn.
Tee 8 is hard to find.
1. The pars are too high.
2. Very buggy because of the nearby creek.
3. Course floods with any amount of rain.
4. Walking path through the course which can be annoying.
Other Thoughts: Installation of better tees would be great. Baskets work but could be better. I really don't like when courses play across walking paths, it just makes it annoying for players as well as people walking the path.
If you have been playing for a while this is a great course to make yourself feel better after a rough game somewhere else. If you're just starting this is an excellent course for you. Try playing as all 3 pars for a better challenge.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
OK Beginner Course
1 Helpful / 0 Not
- Holes 1, 4 and 5 are nice driving holes that make good use of the creek as a hazard
- Can be played in about 30 minutes, convenient for a quick round on a lunch break or after work
- Hole 8 is a unique shot over a hill to the basket
- Decent beginner course, holes are all wide open
- No tee pads, tees markers are concrete disks in the ground so may not be easy to spot at all holes
- Located in a floodplain, so parts of the course turn into a swamp after any significant amount of rain
- All holes could easily be played as par 3 instead of 4/5 as several are marked
- Poorly maintained
Other Thoughts: This course has definitely seen better days. A little maintenance would be nice (weedeating on holes 7 & 8, fixing broken basket). I think tee pads, even if they are just compacted gravel, would go a long way. Drainage seems to be a major problem.
Overall, the course layout isn't bad, they make good use of the space available. The course provides an opportunity to practice open drives and some shorter placement shots.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Good pitch and putt
Pros: Good variation in holes.
Nice quiet park; no one else was playing.
Nice creek comes into play on a few holes.
Nice concrete tee markers, noting hole # and distance.
Cons: Course doesn't flow very well from one hole to the next. It's very confusing trying to find the next tee. There are no tee pads or stakes to identify next tee, you basically have to walk over the tee markers to find the next tee. The bottom of the course was very soggy. The basket on hole one was damaged pretty severely.
Other Thoughts: This course has the potential to be a top quality pitch and putt course. It needs some TLC. Concrete tee pads with markers. Maintenance to the damaged basket. And perhaps a little tweaking to the layout(hole 5 and 6 come to mind).
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Fairly interesting shots, no really bad holes. Clear creek comes into play on several holes, providing mild challenge and scenic setting, but not at risk of losing a disc. Mild elevation in play.
One hole has tee and basket on opposite sides of a tall hill/ridge---something different.
Cons: Only 9 holes.
No great holes
Other Thoughts: For a 9-hole course, not bad. Certainly worth playing if you're there. Average holes, or maybe slightly better, but an average hour of disc golf is much better than not playing at all.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.