Highbridge, WI
Highbridge Hills - Highbridge Gold Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #17 (Taken 8/2009)
Hole #17 Sign

Bring A 2nd Arm

2-4    10/3/2012   3/4/2013
Review By: Money_Shot
This review was updated on 4/21/2014
Pros: -Geat mix of holes on this course. some with elevation challenges, some with tree challenges, some with water challenges, some with wind challenges and most with distance challenges.
-You can take a cart on this course....who doesnt love that?
-Well maintained.
-great signage
-great surrounding landscape, making the course visually appealing.
-All around a solid course meant for the pro disc golfer.
Cons: -First off, make a Dr. appointment b4 going to play this course so he can look at the tingling/numb sensation you have in your arm after throwing this monster.
-wind on the long holes makes them more frustrating than they already can be for someone without a cannon for a throw.
-Questionably requires an ambidextrous person so half way through you can put your primary arm in a sling and finish it out with the opposing arm.
-Did i mention this course is a beast?
Other Thoughts: My rating on this course is strictly rated from my perspective. I do not have a huge throw. Prefer shorter, more technical courses because of this. This course is NOT for a newbie to the game. I have played many years and this course kicks my ass and more importantly my arm. It actually affected my ability to throw a quality round on 1 of the other courses on the grounds that dont require a bazooka. All said and done i will say this course is absolutely a great course and makes me jealous of those that do have the arm to put up a solid score. I, and i highly doubt im alone on this, am an experienced thrower who played this and walked away feeling like less of a man. From a pro thrower standpoint, this course has got to be a 5. The course in general deserves a 5. The course and how it satisfies the range of discers out there really only caters to the big throwers or those who prefer long hole after long hole. Not my cup of tea however.

hardcore

5+    6/22/2009   9/23/2009
Review By: djphilzy
Pros: I love gold! I like to play it alone or with friends.I like to take in that wonderful view of the world that you get on hole 1, looking out from the tee. I love the challenge. Wildlife rules this course. There is everything from bear dens, to bird nests. I like any course that I can enjoy if I'm not even playing, and this is that type of course. John, the owner puts his heart into all his courses! He mows the grass daily....and I mean all day! This dude is committed.
Cons: Uh... maybe some dribble about the sheer roughness of the course...oh wait....that's what I drive 5 hours for. I won't complain about the pay to play price cause it is super cheap considering you get a whole day of highbridge! So i suppose you I have no actual complaints.
Other Thoughts: Not for weenies! A few suggestions...In the hot weather season eat a good breakfast show up early, I mean no later than 8 am; once your done you eat lunch take a nap or what ever you want to do; then play a nice woodland course like the bear woodland or woodland greens.
Do yourselves a favor and spot for your boys and have them spot for you! you will get through the course in record time if you don't have to explore the rough for every throw.

A Fools Gold..

2-4    7/19/2008   12/25/2008
Review By: Stashride
Pros: Magnificant views..powerful top level championship course..Cant think of a course in Wisconsin harder than this monster..score cards can be found at honor system pro shop where all day play costs $10..Honka House is a reasonable stay for about $25 a night if youre trying to make a weekend out of it..give jon and tick a call..One hole is a legitimate par 6..1335ft!!! I lost 2 discs on the same hole!! All the pins are yellow..innova pins..
Cons: LONG..My guy rbt always gets too drunk too finish..not for beginners or casual frolfers..you need to be committed and have some double straps on your bag..
Other Thoughts: Play this Beast early in the day or you will never finish it..A group of 4, beverages and party favors and I defy you to finish b4 the sun falls..