North Wilkesboro, NC
Highland Hills DGC Share
Uploaded By: mcleanclan Hole #3 (Taken 4/2010)
Hole #3 Fairway

Just a lot of fun

1    9/1/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: BraveThrower43
This review was updated on 8/26/2013
Pros: Elevation! this course uses it very well and often and it rairly if ever feels like its overdone or an impossible shot. And with all of the elevation there has been a lot of work put in to make sure that transitions are safe and well groomed.

I dont get to say this often but I did not see much trash at all.

There was a solid mix of left right and straight shots overall and the course flowed really well. There were a few times we scratched out heads a little but for the most part it was easy for first timers to navigate.

The baskets are awesome! I have never seen those bright orange (kingpins?) baskets before.

While there were many fun and beautiful holes or greens hole 7 with the creek down the middle stands out in my mind.

I like the idea of using logs as ob lines on holes and the rule of the red tee being a drop zone all the time made the course play tough if you got in trouble.

For the most part the natural pads were not to bad(see cons)

I felt like the teesigns were well located so thatpeople playing any tee could see them without much issue and the nice scorecards provided was definatly a plus.
Cons: Some of the Natural pads were boxedin which always irritates me because you cannot safely follow through. there were only a few however.

even though the locals have done a hell of a job making sliping and tripping issues a minimum it can still be an issue. Be careful.

Smelled a little near the sewer.

there were very few benches or trashcans.

Other Thoughts: Overall this is a great course for a small community and is well worth a road trip to play. I really enjoyed playing this course and plan on going back in the near future. Kudos to the locals who have put in the time and hard work to build a great course!

This one is well worth a road trip to play!

Need that ace!

5+    4/4/2011   4/4/2011
Review By: Zac Cooper
Pros: This course is a wonderful, overall course. Most complain about the treacherous walking but if you aren't dumb and you take your time you will have fun and enjoy the hike on this course. That is one of my favorite things about this course; the hike. The scenery is great and now that it is spring time things are looking even better. This course is full of potential ace shots. Getting my first ace on hole 7 a week ago, I am looking forward for other ace runs on many of the other holes. The baskets are amazing here, along with the hooks to hold the bags and the man made bridges are a must!
Cons: Some of the holes do not complement this course. Hole 18 is a terrible way to end a round. An ace is possible (as with almost any hole) but I think 18 takes the fun away from the rest of the course. I don't know if it is other players but i'm getting tired of finding beer bottles and trash being left in the park and out on the course.
Other Thoughts: Aside from the few cons that I listed this course is awesome to play. I have played this course over 20 times and with each time out I keep getting better. Hope you enjoy!