Fall Branch, TN
Harmon Hills Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #14 (Taken 12/2014)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5
First time was a blast

1    5/4/2016   5/4/2016
Review By: Kilgorettrout
Pros: The course design is just phenomenal. It doesn't hurt that it's in great shape, beautiful and freshly mowed. I found my self throwing a lot of rollers, either to get out of trouble or for extra distance, and I liked that a lot. It really tested my shot versatility. Also a lot of forehand annheiser shots when I got in deep trouble. It will test even the top pros. For average players like me it will challenge you but you will love it if you don't blow up after one bad shot or hole.
Cons: These weren't cons for me but I could see some snootier golfers being upset with the teepads and baskets(front 18 baskets). I don't need a long or wide teepad, a shorter run up doesn't hurt my stroke. And the baskets on the front 18 aren't disc catchers, they are some older model. I am used to them however and it didn't detract from the playability or overall fun I had. Holes 19-27 do have disc catchers.
Other Thoughts: I consider myself to be an average disc golfer, as far as my local club goes I fit right in the middle. I shot a 101 my first time out here, par is 99. That says a lot about the par rating, it is dead on in my mind. If you love throwing straight long hyzers off the pad for a 2, don't get your hopes up. This course has tons of turnovers off the pad, and doglegs like you have never played. It seemed like 27 was just a massive spiral it turned so much. That being said, I absolutely love the challenge presented. I feel like it rewards a player who can throw rollers, overhand, forehand, and backhand. If you only have one or two of those shots in your bag you may have a hard time here.

Very Fun Course

1    5/1/2016   5/2/2016
Review By: Tonester
Pros: This course has more par 4 holes then other courses I have played. There are a lot of fun holes to play and it is really mixed up between woods and open field.
The whole course is kept up really well. These guys do a lot of mowing!!
Cons: The only hole that could use some work is hole 17. Off the tee there are a lot of trees and it is very narrow. This makes for a really tough tee shot to set up for the approach.
Tee pads are a little short making the long shot run ups a little tough.
Other Thoughts: This was my first time through (only holes 1-18). If I get to play this course again I will know the lines better and will definitely have a better score.
I definitely recommend playing this course.

everyone's favorite course

5+    1/28/2016   4/29/2016
Review By: porchmike
Pros: i'd say harmon hills is the best disc golf course ever. every hole is like its own world. each hole is unique and the view from every tee makes you wanna throw it over them mountains! almost every hole on the front 18 would be the top signature hole on any other course. holes 19-27 are still wearing in but are equally fantastic due to the genius of the master course designer jerry harmon. all credit to him and aaron prosak, kyle mcmillan, and their families and friends for keeping the dream alive!
Cons: no way man. there are other courses on this level, but harmon hills is the level. the top level.
Other Thoughts: if you're any good at disc golf this place will blow your mind. if you're a beginner, you'll have a rough score but a fantastic time in a truly unique landscape.

Amazing

1    3/6/2016   4/5/2016
Review By: Bahen
Pros: This course is a true test of skill; with most of the holes being par fours, you cannot rely on luck to get you through. There is huge variety of shots and you will throw most of the discs in your bag. Lots of technical holes that make you think about where you want to land for your next shot. Harmon Hills will make you a better golfer.
Cons: The teepads are a little short, but other than that it is hard to say anything bad here.
Other Thoughts: This course is a labor of love by the owners. They cut grass for hours every day in the summer. They work hard to keep yin top shape and it shows. Harmon is the gold standard.

Disc Golf Wonderland

1    3/26/2016   3/26/2016
Review By: jjtwinnova
Pros: It starts out with the practice basket. A basket made out of an old tire, and enough chains that make it perfect way to start out the best course. After that, you pass by the donation box, which l think should be full every time you go. You see the teepad short, but grippy, concrete tee pads. The tee signs are rustic looking, but it gives enough information to help you out. The one tee pad per hole makes it a challenge for newer player, but it adds to the unique peacefulness of Harmon Hills. The baskets on the first 18 catch nicely and are always in a great position to make the course the best. All holes are difficult, but fair. I never got lost on my way, I always felt there was a line, even if I missed it. There was a mix of tight wooded and bomber holes, left turns and right turns. I used every disc in my bag and I wish I had more. I would play this course every single day for the rest of my life if I could.
Cons: The back 9 did not have any tee signs, and it could use a little more clearing out. It is quite hilly, so it is harder to walk if you are not as able bodied. I don't think their was much wrong with the course. I don't want to write cons, but I did do this much.
Other Thoughts: This is top ten for a reason. All of the people were great, the scenery was great, the disc golf was great. I cannot complain at all. I had the best disc golf experience of my life. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my experience. Please bring water and snacks, but bring your trash back to the car. The course loops around after each 9, so it shouldn't be a problem. Everything was perfect for me.

Thanks!

1    1/4/2016   1/4/2016
Review By: Hippykamp
Pros: This is what disc golf should be. Laid back, beautiful setting, just a nice walk in the woods and fields with friends. Thanks to all the folks that make this possible. Slow down and enjoy it's the bomb!
Cons: Some complain about signage but chill and go with the flow. Just poke around it will become clear.
Other Thoughts: If you are ever within 4-5 hours of here you should probably bring a disc or two and play HH!

Pace Yourself

2-4    10/9/2015   12/1/2015
Review By: Rosco
Pros: This place has it all except for short easy baskets. Be ready to be tested. This course will challenge you ,and you will love it. the 9th 18th and 27th (19 - 27 are across the street) holes all end near the starting position so it is a very well designed course. The 1st, 10th and 19th holes start near the house. Pack a lunch and enjoy the exercise this course is sprawling.
Cons: Signs could be a little better, but would have to be very detailed to explain the layouts.. Some Tee Pads are a little hard to navigate to for beginners, and a few of the tee pads could be a little longer.
Other Thoughts: Please leave a donation in the mailbox at hole 1 if you go. These folks do a great job of taking care of an amazing private course.

It's Harmon...

2-4    11/7/2015   11/28/2015
Review By: johngarcia79
Pros: Big course. Every shot you could imagine. Wide open field shots, super tight wooded shots, tough course. If you can play this course well, you can play any course well. Probably my favorite course.
Cons: There isn't a brewery onsite. It's a bit out there. But if it did, I might try to live there.
Other Thoughts: Plan on spending some time playing this course. Even if you fly through it, you'll want to stay and play more.

Great stop to stretch the legs!

1    11/13/2015   11/25/2015
Review By: GMcAtee
Pros: 27 holes of secluded disc golf on private land! Lots of fun challenging holes. Accommodating hosts.

The terrain on this land is simply awesome and what you expect from eastern Tennessee. Plenty of rocks jutting from the ground, ravines throughout the course, and elevation. Both of the ravines I remember were blind from the teepad.
Cons: Some of the teepads were short. Signage was non-existent or if it was there, wasn't really helpful for first time players. Next tee signs would be great on several holes.

All the holes were long which could get boring for lesser skilled players. I remember maybe one hole that was deuce-able.
Other Thoughts: Harmon was a great course and a great stop on our long road trip. Glad we played it in the fall. This course would be brutal with all the foliage on the trees!

2-4    8/11/2015   9/11/2015
Review By: James McGirr
Pros: A great place to play if memory is correct not far off of interstate hwy.A realy nice place for a few guys to make a road trip to.After playing one round you basicly can figure out how to play course.
Cons: I forget things easie nothing comes to mind.Although it is important to play course to understand how to play your tee shot and upshots.
Other Thoughts: Although course is wooded in spots the trees are mature and there is a lot of open spaces between tree trunks. I only played 18 holes I did not play the other 9 holes

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5