Grayling, MI
Grayling Rotary - PDGA Share
Uploaded By: deBebbler Hole #17 (Taken 5/2010)
Hole #17 Pro Tee

awesome

1    9/21/2012   9/23/2012
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: - Just amazing landscape up and down epic ski hills with views all around
- NO poison ivy, hardly a thorn, or even a chance to lose a disc- yet it's tight and technical in spots!
- Balanced design with many different throws
- You need some distance but it's not crucial to score well, the longer holes are tough to birdie and safer to play shorter on occasion
- well maintained
- cement tees, signs, scorecards, all amenities, brooms!
Cons: - A couple of holes, #10? maybe, were illogical could use a redesign or some trimming
Other Thoughts: Worth playing the lower course, too, now that it's 18, it's legit for sure.

Great Course

2-4    8/18/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: Todd Wiley
Pros: I'll start by mentioning that I played this course during the Fall Flinger Fundraiser Event and caught an extra round afterwards. Some things that need mentioning follow;

-Elevation use is abundant, up and down the hills ~ great workout

-Concrete Teepads, Excellent Baskets, Good Signage, Alt. Am Teepads on a couple holes, Scorecard at hole 1

-Benches and Trash Cans can be found throughout the course... please feel free to take advantage and help keep this course looking beautiful

-From Downhill Bombs to Technical Tree Holes, this course offers a wide variety of shots

-Navigation arrows to next teepad are very helpful and BLUE, easy to spot
Cons: Not stroller friendly

A couple longggg walks to next holes, but not too terrible
Other Thoughts: Great Course - no doubt
Challenging - absolutely
Fun - you betcha

The people behind Hanson Hills DG and the Rec Authority have really done a masterful job in putting together this course.

A great michigan course with elevation!

1    6/2/2012   6/27/2012
Review By: Hfactor
Pros: This course is played on a ski hill. It's about 2 hours north of Mt. Pleasant. There are some very interesting shots on this course. Up hill, through the woods, down hills, tomahawks, a couple ace runs too. My friend played it with me his second time and we were to go play Traverse city course (the one on the abandoned ski hill) the next day. Everyone says Traverse city is better but I disagree. I thought Hanson Hills had more variety and the flow of the course felt much better. I could just be saying this because I was putting way better here than I did at the traverse city course. Either way this course deserves better than a 3.88 should atleast be in the same caliber as Deer Field.
Cons: Some of the tee pads are very short making run ups hard but usually those are on the downhill shots so I'm guessing they didnt want long pads here.
Other Thoughts: There is camping about 5 minutes from the course which makes for a great drive there friday night after work, camp out and wake up early to play. Then you can either travel southwest to Flip City or West to Traverse City. This course is a must play though if you need some elevation in your life! Us michiganders need more than flat courses! IE. Burchfield.

Great Course

2-4    7/9/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: underpar24
Pros: This course is built in my home town and it is wonderful. The elevation changes are the best part of this course. There is also a great amount of tree there for some tech shots along with a few open shots to allow some power shots. this course has the extras needed (Garbage Cans, Signs, Benchs and Cement T-Pads). I also enjoy the good work out I get while playing this course. I love the long downhill shots.
Cons: This course has two cons

A. There is sand everywhere.....I know this can't be changed but it still causes me to give this course a slightly worse than perfect rating.
B. The T-pads on this course are small and tacky. They are too skinny and the majority of them are two short.
Other Thoughts: This hills are intense.....running down them is not recommended. LOL. Last year when i first played the course i was running down the hill on 19 and rolled my ankle. Ruined my vacation and my disc golf for about 2 months.