Walnut Ridge , AR
Williams Baptist College DGC Share
Uploaded By: bjflash Hole #5 (Taken 1/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Williams Baptist College

5+    10/20/2013   2/20/2014
Review By: 870DG
Pros: If you play regularly, you can probably crush this course!

If you are a beginner and looking for courses to play, come here if it is fairly close. You'll get a few birdies and boost your self esteem. Hey, why not?

Every hole is a birdie opportunity.

I aw my first ace here.......naturally, it wasn't me.

You can eat catfish inside a 747 (I think) afterwards, so that was quite interesting. Also, be looking for the big tail of the plane. It is visible from the course. Yes, I am being serious! Check it out.

This is an excellent beginner's course. I often go down there with friends who are new to disc golf. We also played a Jonesboro league match here and it was fun with some low scores!

If I ever break par on a course....this will be the first one I do it on.

Clean course located on college campus.
Cons: No conrcrete tee pads.

Long walk back to car after #18. Should have made 18 end closer to parking.

Out of the way for people not going to college here or living in the community. For example, there is absolutely no reason to drive over from Memphis for this course.
Other Thoughts: Whether or not this is a pro or a con, is debatable: no smoking or drinking on this course. Keep that in mind. Be respectful.

Did I mention that you can eat catfish in a 747 afterwards (seafood buffet on weekends only, I think). You can still eat there during the week though, just not buffet.

A pretty fun course with awesome Christian students

1    1/29/2011   2/1/2011
Review By: bjflash
Pros: The course is on a pretty campus with a good mix of trees scattered throughout the course creating enough obstacles for a fun round. I played the first 9 holes by myself until I caught up with a group of novices - 2 guys and 2 girls. They were students who lived in the dorms right next to the course. If you are a student at Williams Baptist U., the biggest pro is you don't have to drive to play a good course and you could practice every day of the year. One thing I appreciated about this course was the length of each hole was about right for a recreational player, and for an advanced amateur like myself, it provided a good number of birdie chances. Before my round I had played in Jonesboro and became frustrated with the narrow fairways surrounded by numerous trees and punishing thickets. This course only a half hour north was a welcome relief. After my round was over with the students, they offered to pray with me about anything. I took them up on it since I had a brother who was looking for work and needed some prayers. I think the great atmosphere of the campus is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy the game with new friends. You can even get some discs from the campus offices. If you'd like a guide or a good dude to hang with during your round, ask for Brandon in the guy's dorm.
Cons: Obviously no drinking or smoking on campus, so if you like doing that during your round, you'll have to head elsewhere. Even Craighead Park in Jonesboro had signs up saying they would take down baskets if the park staff kept finding beer cans in the trashcans. There weren't concrete pads or distances listed for each hole, but I don't consider those necessary if the holes are visible and the grass/dirt pad is dry.
Other Thoughts: Of the three courses in the area I played during my trip (Industrial Park in Searcy and Craighead in Jonesboro were the other two) this was the best. Definitely worth a stop if you're in NE Arkansas near highways 67 or 65.

Good college course

1    11/26/2010   11/29/2010
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Stake in ground for all tee's with only hole number
Good baskets.
decent holes
designed pretty well around the trees.
Cons: worst is the LONG LONG walk from #18 back to #1
Tee markers do not mark which way the basket is. I got confused on more than one hole but figured it out quickly.
Pretty short course (which is OK for a campus course)
VERY flat.
Other Thoughts: Not worth driving the 180 mile round trip other than to add another course to my list.

However the course does not suck. It is not getting very much play (or was just installed) because all the tee's were still grass. That made it hard to figure out which direction I was suppose to be throwing.

GREAT Beginner Course

2-4    5/9/2010   5/9/2010
Review By: LetsPlayGolf
This review was updated on 9/28/2010
Pros: -This course is on a very small, private college in a very small town in Northeast Arkansas...
-It is a perfect place to introduce new people and kids to the sport.
-Brand new baskets with double chains.
-Easy flow from one hole to the next
Cons: -There are good tee markers to see the next tee... but no distances or direction. You can see a lot of baskets from each tee pad, as an experienced player, I was able to figure out where I was going... but a new player may have a difficult time knowing which way to throw.
-#18 ends a good trek away from parking lot. But this course is designed for the kids that live and go to school there, so this is, in my opinion, acceptable.
Other Thoughts: -The biggest elevation change is on hole #1, the basket is about 8-10 inches above the tee box... all the rest are flat. ;-)
-This was a suprisingly fun course to play, but it is not designed for advanced players at all. It is, like I said, a perfect place to bring the kids or noobies.
-Campus grounds are well maintained, no weeds, bushes, thorns or any rough whatsoever. Entire course has large trees as obstacles and holes are designed well around and through them.
-Walnut Ridge is not right off the interstate, so you would have to make plans to play this course... It was fun and for us locals it gives us a second course near Jonesboro.