Athol, ID
Farragut SP - A.W.O.L. DGC Share
Uploaded By: Sean Johnson Hole #2 (Taken 9/2010)
3 / 325ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Course is not ready

1    7/25/2010   7/28/2010
Review By: Lonhart
Pros: When completed, this could be a really nice course. It was still under construction when I played it.

There were about four true par 4 holes out there, and once the area has seen some use, this should be the best of the three courses. Not for beginners, though.

All the pins are in, and they are numbered.
Cons: No concrete tee pads, yet.
No signs, but there were (decaying) scraps of paper on trees near several of the tees.
No clearly defined paths between pins and tees, yet.
Other Thoughts: I slogged my through this course, getting lost 2x, but eventually playing all of the holes as laid out.

I shot a 62, and par is 60. I felt ok with that, although 5 of the last 9 holes are unimaginative, short holes that should be birdied. I think par on this should be closer to 58 or 57.

Work in Progress - Tough Love and Fun!

1    7/8/2010   7/19/2010
Review By: pablocruz1
Pros: One of the toughest courses I've ever played in the trees, and I thought Wreckreator was difficult. Loved it. Looking forward to better signs and pads
Cons: Tough - don't bring the weak at heart. Little or no elevation changes. But fun!

Still a work in progress - way to go Idaho St Parks and rangers.

One of the tougher courses you will ever find

1    7/4/2010   7/7/2010
Review By: sillybizz
This review was updated on 5/30/2011
Pros: The Double Black Diamond Course is the new 18 hole disc golf course at Farragut State Park and combined with the North Star and Wreckreator Disc Golf Courses respectively this makes this place THE disc golf destination in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. As of right now the course is in and ready to play but is still being worked on so the tee signs and concrete tee pads are not currently in place but the natural pads are easy to use and navigation at the course isn't much of a problem. For those of you like myself who are sad to see the family friendly course go away don't worry because they are currently working on a four hole short course for beginners and children nearby. This course is on the other side of the road from the other two courses and you are still able to use the warm up net for driving and the practice basket for putting as well as the large parking lot and unisex bathrooms. There is also camping on site with running water and showers as well.

This is one of if not the most challenging course I have ever played in my life but with that being said it wasn't overly frustrating and even though I was many strokes over par I was still having fun and enjoying this beautifully made disc golf course. The course has many par four holes that are not only long but extremely difficult to get anywhere near par if you find yourself off of the small but fair fairways. Lots of epic holes and this is the type of course that will better your game and make you learn many different shots, this is the ultimate risk vs. reward course.

The tee pads as of now are either old snowmobile tracks or conveyor belts but they are skinny pieces of rubber that do a decent job for now until the concrete is put in. For most of the holes there is a nearby tree that has a piece of white paper stapled into it that tells you the par, length and name of the hole. There are also little orange flags stuck in the ground that lead you down the fairway or to the next tee pad. The baskets are all in great shape and there is no litter what so ever that I could see. Flow leads you back around to the car.
Cons: Hole nine is the only hole on the course that I was not in love with. It is a poke and pray hole with no fairway what so ever and no way to go under or over the trees. On most of the holes it looks like they have gone through and created beautiful fairways but for some reason on this hole they decided not to cut down any trees and I think two or three would have done the job. There isn't much elevation at the course other than a few small hills which could be a pro or a con depending on who your ask. This course will kick your butt! Do not bring first timers here unless you are trying to get revenge on them or something.
Other Thoughts: One of the coolest things happened to us while we were playing the course somewhere in the back nine but I can't remember which hole. We were putting when we see a doe walk through on one of the paths noticing us but still going through and eat the grass along her way. We putt out and start walking toward the next tee pad which is towards her and as soon as we get too close she kind of slowly hops away. It was a pretty cool experience being only 40 or 50 feet away from this deer and I imagine we were able to get so close because it is a state park and the deer probably see humans quite a bit. Overall a wonderful job done on this one, I can't wait to come back!

1 2 Next >