Cornelius, NC
Bailey Road Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: 1978 Hole #8 (Taken 5/2010)

B.R.P (Beginners Ready to Play)

5+    4/1/2013   11/10/2013
Review By: Bergman Bomber
Pros: I absolutely love Baileys Road Park. It is more of a open, "parky" course, but has a good variety of wooded holes. Not a lot of elevation changes and most pins are around 200 feet so it makes for a fun Ace Drive on almost every hole. And with that being said it makes for the perfect place to bring a new disc golfer and introduce them to the sport, without making the experienced player bored. It is a great course to test new throw's and new disc's with many of the fairways being open and not left or right hand dominant. Baileys is also perfect for getting a full game in after work or in the late afternoon, or wrap up a long day of disc golf in the Charlotte area. And when it comes to the non-private courses in the area this is the most well maintained course. It seems like they mow the grass everyday and the wooded fairways are always clear. There are also a couple very unique holes. Hole 9 under the power lines is one of my favorites and 18 the pin between 2 trees. And to top it all off the views you can get from Baileys Road Park in the evening, when the sun is starting to set is absolutely amazing.
Cons: What I think turns a lot of disc golfer way Baileys is how easy it is. It is one of the easier courses in the area but that can make for a great confidence booster when any disc golfer needs that. The course is easy to navigate but be careful around hole 11, its a hard right hand dogs leg that can catch you off guard if its your first time. The roughage here is, well, really rough. I myself have lost a couple disc here just by turning them over into the thick, sharp foliage, so be careful. The actual full 20 holes is 2 holes that are commonly skipped, marked 13 A and B, which I don't know why there are not labeled 14, 15 ect. But when its all set and done its not a Con to have low score right?
Other Thoughts: Overall Baileys is a very fun course. Weather its your first time or you're a 10 year veteran, it's a quick and fun 20 holes. A quick shout out to Russell Schwarz and Mark Huether for the great upkeep of this awesome course on this awesome family-friendly park. If you got a first timer on your hand's be sure to take them to Baileys and spread the love of disc golf.
Date: 11/21/2013 Designer Response by: 1978
Pet Pieve - Bailey not Baileys

Thanks for the review. 14 and 15 were not labeled that way because we couldnt have a 20 hole layout for Worlds and we wanted the baskets to be labeled in order. Just wait for 13A,B &C! and 15 A and 15 B! ...once I get this Robbins Park course done.

Fun Little Course

1    6/9/2013   6/11/2013
Review By: NC-Tuc
Pros: For the first time playing Bailey I had a great time. Met some good DG folks out there. The course is well kept and very fun to play. If your a new player I'd say play here a couple times before going to other courses! For players that have played awhile it is a good practice/warm up course. I'm a Bogey player pretty much but trying to change that by playing more and at different courses to hone my skills. I got my First 2 Birdies at Bailey and shot a nice 59 which in my book is good for me. I will be playing here more often since it's a nice quick course. 3 of us played it in 1-1/2 hrs and that was taking our time and chatting with other DGers.
Cons: Really don't have any cons that I seen other than an errant shot and wished that tree I hit wasn't in the way of my next shot.
Other Thoughts: Just an all around great course that's fun to play and can boost your confidence in your playing. I will be bringing my daughter & son out here to get them into playing.

Great Short Course

5+    3/10/2013   3/24/2013
Review By: terptwerp
Pros: This is a great course for beginners or for more experienced players working on their short game. There are a variety of holes (wooded/open, uphill/downhill, hyzer/anhyzer). Mark does a great job maintaining the course and keeping signage in place (which is not easy with the recent vandalism).
Cons: Briars cover much of the borders of the fairways. This can result in lost discs or número use scratches if you go off course. However, this is a pro when the blackberries are ripe in summer.

Hole 15 is a bit out of place on the course. It is a fun hole for more experienced players, but will likely frustrate most beginners.
Other Thoughts: The course is where many of us in the north side of the county learned how to play and is largely responsible for the high number of players in the area.

If you are new to the game or want to play a quick round it is fantastic.

Random doubles glow golf is played on Mondays at dusk. A fun way to play a casual competitive round and meet other players.

For your short game...

5+    9/26/2012   5/27/2011
Review By: Urban Bobcat
This review was updated on 7/14/2014
Pros: - Well maintained.
- Trash buckets or cans at nearly every hole.
- You can tell the community cares about this park.
- Glow Disc Golf at night looks like it could be a great time!
- Great course for beginners and honing in your short game.
- Big pads for short holes!
- The park as a whole is in really great shape.
Cons: - This isn't necessarily a con, as long as you know what to expect, but the course is pretty short. It's great for fast rounds where you only want to take out a couple discs. Intermediate players should be able to play the full course with a putter and a mid-range, while some shots still give you an opportunity to toss a driver if you're feeling aggressive.
Other Thoughts: If you are just learning the game or need to work on your approach accuracy, this is the course for it! Although I'm used to longer courses in the Charlotte area, the quality and care that this course exhibits was still a breath of fresh air. I will certainly return for a fun round to play my short game. There's a nice variety to the holes and you can get a round finished in no time. I played almost three discs consistently and still finished 18 in a hour and a half. If you expect to play a shorter course, you'll have a great time.

Update: For a while now, this course has added a couple more holes, which play well and add to the overall experience. Why pass up the two alternate #13s if you have the time?

Glow Golf Great!!!

5+    10/7/2010   10/14/2010
Review By: Volman1998
Pros: Great shot makers course with trees and distance right at the edge of most midrange skill players ability. The course is well marked with the move from one hole to the next made very easy.
Cons: Only the need for the tee areas to be finished.
Other Thoughts: Great job being done by the Glow League!!!

Beautiful Bailey

5+    10/9/2010   10/13/2010
Review By: smayne
Pros: I just started playing disc golf with my son the past couple months, we play Bailey all the time have played 4 other courses and not one of them compares to Bailey. Mark has done a great job and continues to make this course awesome, keep up good work Mark we appreciate it. And if anyone really wants to have fun come out to glow golf at night !!!!!!!
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Mark your hard work has really paid off, thanks for making a great place for my son and me to have some good fun CHEAP entertainment. Course is awesome !!!!!