1 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: - Easy access to park when coming from any direction
- Two practice baskets about 40' apart from each other: makes for a fun way to warm up at different distances
- Brand new tee signs with accurate distances and wood chips thanks to Robert Bawden, GLDGC, MAD and other volunteers
- Great course for all skill levels due to variety of shots and distances
- Great course for working on shorter technical holes with short doglegs, tunnel shots, low ceilings, wide open, banked and some blind shots.
- Lefty friendly
- Has warning signs for other park goers to be aware of discs flying in the air, I think it's helped prevent any accidents
- Constant improvements being done to the course with landscaping, pin placements and tee pads!
- Usually baskets are up during the winter!
- The park also offers fishing, a dog park and not to mention a BEER GARDEN
Cons: - Can get crowded at certain times with Shorewood High School and UW-Milwaukee being so close
- Not the best course for big arm, air shots
Other Thoughts: - This course has a lot of potential to be expanded or added on to. It is very well liked in the Milwaukee area which is evident by the amount of players that golf here. This course offers challenging and fun layouts which draws a good following from the local disc golf community of all skill levels. Very popular for smaller events and leagues.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Very clean course, new tee signs, awesome concrete tee pads, regular course maintenance, multiple pin locations, dual practice baskets, and more, such as a beer garden!!
This is a fun shorter course to play with putters, midranges and fairway drivers. Lots of work done since the course opened a few years ago, but more so this year with the new tee signs and new additional pin placements.
Cons: It can get busy at this course because of how short it is and it being beginner friendly. It's also around the corner from UW Milwaukee, so there's lots of college students playing, especially during summer.
Other Thoughts: I liked the 'old' course pro better, but the new course pro is just as dedicated to keeping this course one of the nicer and cleaner ones around the city. I hear more plans for the course are always in the works.
This is NOT Brown Deer, so don't expect it to be. Too many people's reviews of Estabrook are complaints because they say it's short or too easy or it's all flat. Look, this course uses the land that was given to disc golf very well. Don't believe all the negative reviews and go throw it for yourself.
5 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Great Park, Great Course
5 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: - Very good mix of hyzer, straight and anhyzer shots
- The course is set in a pretty high traffic park in Milwaukee County and Disc Golf has made the park even more popular.
- It uses the land that it was given so well
- Multiple pin positions for every hole make it so that you rearly see the same course twice.
- Even the shortest holes are still technicle enough to make them not a gimme birdie.
- There are a lot of shorter holes but also a few longer holes mixed in there.
- Updated Constantly
- Well Maintained
- Beer Garden
Cons: - Probably the highest trafficed course in the Milwaukee area, so if you are looking for a quick round this might not be the course for you.
- Located close to the UWM Campus and because of this you do see a lot of bigger groups, and one disc chuckers.
Other Thoughts: - If you are looking for a fun course to play with a couple of buddies aznd have a nice relaxing time then this course is something that you should look into.
Also make sure to hit up the Beer Garden
5 of 10 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Great Home Place to Play
Pros: Great place to learn and to hone your skills, great location very friendly people who play there. Pins get changed up often. Well maintained. Great place to take bring newcomers and pros alike.
Cons: Not enough elevation changes. Could utilize some of the ravines in the park. Traffic can be a hassle. Hole 11 pin high! walk from 11 to 12 is retarded a hole could be placed between the walk.
Other Thoughts: I love this park, i hear a lot of people criticizing the coarse comparing it to Brown Deer park. Listen Brown Deer is in its own league. Brown Deer is bad ass but i like Estabrook for its technical aspects of the coarse. This is my home coarse. I like to go out and get under par and have a relaxing time around. This is comparable as skill level to Valleyview NOT Brown Deer! Check it out have a beer at the beer garden when your done. Disc golf isnt all about bombing your disc on every hole. challenging technical play is just as fun
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.