Brooklyn Park, MN
Uploaded By: erickmj

Practice

2-4    7/20/2012   7/20/2012
Review By: itzbrian17
Pros: -Open
-Nobody There
-Nice Neighborhood
-Nice Park
-Good Baskets
-Good Teepads
-Great Practice Putting Basket or Hole 4
Cons: -Only 3 holes when they have enough space for at least 3 more
-Not enough trees or obsticles except for hole 3
Other Thoughts: I have to rate it 1.5 because every course is a practice course really. Plus this park has more potential than 3 holes.

I'm Confused Here?

1    7/22/2011   8/29/2011
Pros: Everything about this park and the course kinda baffles me? I keep asking myself why? Like why did someone bother to put up a three hole course? Is this course put here for the folks who live in these twenty neighboring houses or the two nearby schools? Why would you bother putting in such great big wonderful trapazoid teepads? On this course? Why you only put three regular length holes here instead of maybe nine shorter pitch and putts? Where is there a walking path around the park that a bench to rest on every 50 feet?
Why would you build some a great practice basket set up complete with circular putting blocks set up every two feet? Why wouldn't you just make that basket number 4 and make this a four hole course?

And if you made the practice basket # 4, and increased this from a 3 hole course to a four hole course, Did you then increase the size of course by 25%? as in 3 + 1= 4. Or did you increase you course by 33% ? as in 3 + 1 = 4. I need some mathematicians to help me out here. Third grade arithmatic was kinda the top of the mountain for me.
Cons: It's a 3 hole course.
Flat.
3 saplings.
Other Thoughts: I figured out the answer to one of my questions from above. As to why this is only a 3 hole course. The people who live in these houses need a bench to rest on every 50 feet. Apparently, they have very small lungs neccesating frequent rest stops and probably could only manage to play three holes at a time. Hence the three hole course!

But I'm still perplexed about that wonderful practice basket?

Good for ?

1    5/30/2010   5/30/2010
Review By: djschnabel
This review was updated on 7/20/2012
Pros: Putting Hole very similar to Central Park with a spiral variety of distances. This course is near Champlin Park High School, just south of the Football Field. There is a playground and a half-court basketball court. Hole 3 is pretty cool. It is a slightly uphill shot over the right side of a pond, with a few small trees near the right side of the hole.

Well, it's not great when a playground and b-ball court show up on the pros.
Cons: Um, hole one, straight field shot.

Hole two. Straight field shot.

Other Thoughts: I am not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this course. It is very similar in design to Central Park. Teepads, putting hole, etc.

I don't think this is a beginners course, based on the distance. This isn't an average or advanced players course, based on the lack of obstacles, and distance and variety of distance.

What I hope this is, and if so, I fully support, is a course for high school kids to play during PhyEd. It is right next to the High School, and Jackson Middle is nearby, so I could see them possibly teaching the sport to these kids. If so, perfect course, but they could have put up better holes around the school (baseball field, etc.)

Updated course info:::
I am not sure at what grade level(s), but I found out that the Champlin Park HS Head football coach (who is also a gym teacher) lives very nearby, and the course is used in their curriculum.