Brooklyn Park, MN
Orchard Trail Park Share
Uploaded By: erickmj

Great for a quick outing!

1    7/24/2013   7/25/2013
Review By: cgstarry
Pros: Concrete tee boxes painted with range.
Nice baskets.
Well manicured.
Hole three has an elevated pin and water in play makes it a mental dogleg left.
Putting practice pin with graduated distnce stones.
Cons: Only three holes.
Other Thoughts: If I need to scratch the itch quick and am not looking to run into a crowd, this place works well! Would be rated higher by me if there were more holes.

Great practice course

1    10/3/2011   10/3/2011
Review By: nickc
Pros: Very wide open
Empty, great for practicing all drives
Great baskets
Great distances
Cool putting practice basket with different tabs marked with distance from the basket
Great for beginners
Easy to get in lots of practice shots
Not going to lose a disc here!
Cons: Not an actual course.
No big trees, so no obstacles.
Repetitive.
Not worth playing at unless you want to practice some shots.
Other Thoughts: Overall, pretty good practice course. I would almost say it's like a driving range with some variation. The park is really clean and it's a pretty nice place to throw at. I wouldn't go back everyday or anything, but it's a nice place to go and throw all your discs without having to wait for anyone or worry about losing any.

Great for beginners

1    9/25/2011   9/25/2011
Review By: Ricky1962
Pros: Nice tee's and baskets.
Great practice course for beginners (like me)!
Holes are long enough to work on drives, but open enough to forgive bad throws.
Putting hole has markers from 8' to 34'.
Cons: With only three holes, it can get a little repetitive playing the same 3 holes over and over and over.
Other Thoughts: It takes about 5 minutes to play all three holes.
Hole three has a water hazard that in warm season risks losing a disc, yet it is still good to get used to having a mental challenge

3 Hole Practice Course with a perfect putt 360

1    6/19/2011   6/21/2011
Pros: 1) Three holes in a field is better than no holes.

2) Nice DGA Mach baskets with the number plates facing the tee. A proper installation!!!

3) Nice massi/e trapezoidal concrete teepads . . . seems wasteful for a 3 hole practice course, but I'd be more likely to play here because of the teepads.

4) Hole # Distance painted on the back of the teepad . . . sa/es the cost for a sign which in the end will get damaged and /andalized anyways.

5) Water somewhat in play for noodle arms and beginners on #3 but you would really ha/e to o/er hyzer or be a part of the early release program! Still a positi/e to ha/e that risk on the course IMO.

6) Perfect Putt 360 setup on the practice basket . . . it isn't actually a 4 hole course!!! I hit both of my putts up to 22', then 1 from 24, 26, 28, and 30, and missed both putts from 32 and 34'

7) I found $ .02 in the parking lot!!! Pay to play . . . why yes I would gladly accept money to play your course!

8) Porto potty at the parking lot.

9) The park also has a playground a baseball backstop and a nice walkpath through the park and into the neighborhood.

10) Turf is in nice condition on the whole course.

11) The design of #2 is subtle but the ground does drop off slightly in ele/ation as you approach the basket and that will create a little more challenge than a dead flat hole.
Cons: 1) Wide open!

2) Almost no obstacles on the course except a few trees on #3 and the water to the left.

3) Because it is so wide open . . .I am sure this course is always windy. But I guess that is good practice too!

4) /ery simple and straight forward . . . but I would consider it a practice course so that is not a huge deal.

Other Thoughts: Take it for what it is . . . a 3 hole practice course with a practice basket and the perfect putt 360 game installed to practice your putting.

I just helped install another 3 hole course with less obstacles grass tees and no signage and I ga/e it a 1 disc rating so I am going to ha/e to bump this up because of the turf condition, the water in play, the slight ele/ation change on #2, the concrete teepads and just the idea of the perfect putt 360 is awesome. I will got knocked for this possibly but I am gi/ing this course a 2 disc rating, because I would most certainly return, but I am realistic when I read about a course that is set up for practice I am not expecting to come across a great course. This one does pro/ide what it set out to pro/ide so it deser/es a decent rating . . . no matter what the general public thinks of the course as a course. Just realize it is /ery well done for what it was designed for!

IN MY OPINION THIS COURSE SHOULD BE LISTED AS A 3 HOLE PRACTICE COURSE NOT A 4 HOLE COURSE . . . IT WAS INTENDED TO BE FOR PRACTICE I AM SURE.