a good course
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Good balanced course for beginners and intermediate players. Plenty of water challenges. Some floating discs will help. Raised tees mixed in made things interesting and a very well raised hole with a water feature surrounding made for a good challenge. They seem to have some more challenging and longer distance tees planned for the future so I am looking for some reworking that will make it even better! There are good clear wooded areas where there isn't too much underbrush. There is actual ruff in the course instead of just straight fairways or out of bounds areas which is refreshingly nice.
Cons: A lot of straight shot holes. But there are some challenge to some of them like trees that have bent over some guarded holes that are hard to reach and some nice very long distances.
Other Thoughts: Do the upgrades! Add the new tees or whatever your planning.because this course will just get better. I played it on a very rainy day and the big ditch water features help.The course stay clear and nice so many thanks to a well thought out ditch line. Some people might complain but.I see it's usefulness
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Could be something fantastic...
Cons: I live one mile away and I would rather drive 20 minutes in the other direction. This course is set up as an after thought. Don't go here if your an average player. The first picture of the course is two guys looking for there disc in the water.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Lots of potential
2 Helpful / 0 Not
- Decent course in a nice area of Greenville.
- Plenty of parking even if you play Sunday morning during services.
- Most holes are easy to navigate and next tees are usually indicated on the previous holes tee box.
- Some really interesting, challenging lines and creative, themed baskets. #8 pops into mind right off the bat as a prime example: Shoot from the tee across the road, over a ditch/creek, up to an elevated basket on a pedestal. Interesting par 3.
- Provides a nice variety of open shots to showcase your power as well as tight, wooded lines to practice your accuracy. It also strikes a nice balance of pin placements, giving you an opportunity to choose between several different types of throws, e.g. L to R, R to L, hyzer, anhyzer, thumbers, rollers, the whole shebang.
- Is challenging enough to keep advanced players engaged, but easy enough that beginners aren't overwhelmed.
- Some of the holes -- especially in the wooded back 9 -- are very pretty.
- Clean. Provides a respectable amount of trash cans too.
- No bathrooms available. Not that big a deal when you consider it's a church project, but hey...
- Was a little overgrown when I played it at the beginning of November. For example, on #7 (a wide-open shot across an empty field) I spent a couple minutes looking for my disc in the long grass. Carl Spackler would lose his mind.
- Signage could use some improvement as you have to throw blind from a few tees and it can be a bit deceiving.
- Pathways through the course could be improved. Had to bushwhack our way through #5 after the tee shot because there wasn't any real obvious direction we needed to traverse.
- Played on a Sunday morning and there were some kids playing in the woods on #2 that got kind of annoying, but you can circumvent that whole issue by playing during the week.
- It can get really windy out there (especially in the open holes) and if people are driving to/from the church the road presents a significant hazard to the vehicles. Got to watch out for them since a few holes like #1, #7 & #8 all play along a main thoroughfare.
- No topless Hooters girls frolicking along the #8 fairway. (But it's a church so I'll give it a pass.)
Other Thoughts: All in all, Covenant DGC is a decent course that has tremendous potential with just a little TLC. I give it a 2.5 as is since it's not terrible, but with a bit of maintenance this course could be a real gem. Despite the below-3 rating it's definitely worth checking out if you're in and around Greenville.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Could be Great
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: This course is very natural on the property of a church. Is a very difficult course especially for beginners. Very tight fairways on the back 9 is a good trainer for accuracy.
Cons: Course is only maintained a few times a year. Grass can get very tall making it tough to find your discs even in the fairways. Debris and tree foliage on the back 9 can make for a very rough round. Hole #3 has a river along the entire left side of the fairway that if not a floater almost guaranteed to loose it. New concrete pads on holes #5 and #7 are too short and raised up to get an X step. Pads need to either be buried a little bit or made longer.
Other Thoughts: Course has great potential if was maintained a little bit more and concrete pads were made bigger and added on all holes
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
I like it!
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: There are some challenging holes on this course. #3 is tough for RHBH with the ditch running down the left side for the length of the hole. I invested in the Innova Wahoo, which floats, and now if I happen to find the water my disc is sitting on top waiting for me :-) #7 is quite the long hole at 500 ft, but it is wide open field so it lets you really throw it. There are a lot of tight wooded shots with a very thin fairway, but that just adds to the challenge. I certainly knock a few trees every time I head out though! #8 is cool with the hole being on top of a little mountain with the ditch right in front of it.
Cons: The signs are nice, but they just need to add some arrows to them showing the direction of the next hole to guide you a little. A couple times it's a little hard to find the next tee, but usually there is someone else out on the course to help direct you. Also - natural tee pads kinda stink when it's a little wet. Investing in some nice rubber or cement pads would be great.
Other Thoughts: I would say this course is between a 3.5 and 4.0, so I just rounded up! There are several holes with water (3, 8, behind the hole on 10, 13 I think, and then 17, so investing in a floater disc isn't a bad idea! I really like this course and think the previous reviews make it out to be worse than it is.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Great markers with decent color and classy looking pictures. Lots of trash cans to help keep the place clean of litter. Great close by, easy to get to in town location.
Cons: Not for beginners if you don't want to replace a lot of discs. Don't even bother with hole 3. A long, dirty and murky ditch water hazards runs parallel with the entire "fairway" that has surely eaten scores of discs. Poorly kept area. There are piles of brush every that will also quickly devour your discs. The tees are sometimes hard to find from hole to whole and so far are just one or two (if you're lucky) mini grey bricks that are painted. More often than not they are scatter around and sometimes, for whatever reason have been thrown in the woods. Also need to be careful of a few holes that are nears roads. The back nine is essentially in the middle of a forest without any real variety from hole to hole and very little work done to keep this part of the "course" cleared and clean from debris.
Other Thoughts: Could be a decent place but it needs a LOT of work. And I still doubt it could ever reach more than a 3-3.75 max because of the location unless major $$$ was put into clearing out some of the fairways and cleaning up the debris. I'm also not yet an avid player so don't take my review as the end all. But it doesn't take much to see the difference when you compare it to the other two in the area.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: very natural course.
Cons: very overgrown...if it starts to grow much more it will not be playable. water on #3 to left of fairway is a guaranteed lost disc unless its a floater. #7 is hard if you have a disc go into the left side of the tall grass in the field.
would be nice if they would place sign up about monthly work days ( if they even do those) course has ALOT of potential
Other Thoughts: #8 tee box is across the street from #7 cage. look for sign.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: A natural course.
Cons: There are no pads to speak of. Some of the holes are hard to find couldn't find the pad for #8 found the basket not the pad.
Other Thoughts: Could be a great course with some work. needs some sort of trash cans around the course. Some of the course could use some Trimming or taken care of.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 5 Not
Give it time
Pros: The course is challenging. Serveral elevated and tight shot holes, which makes some shots difficult. Make you use different type of shots. Promotes family atmosphere
Cons: Tee pads could be improved.
Other Thoughts: The course was built with donations and by volunteers. Signs, holes markers for each hole should be finish and installed in the near future. Play the course for yourself and if you don't come back for more God Bless
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Kind of tight at times and is a majority righty flick friendly. Offers a different option besides Meadowbrook in Greenville. Few aceable holes on this course. This course does offer a slight challenge for experienced players. Mostly wooded and not too long. Hole 8 Mt. Humility is short, and the basket is on top of a hill. It's not hard to get a birdie on this hole, but if you just struggle with up hill putts, your score may suffer.
Cons: A bit sloppy in my opinion. The natural tee pad is tough to grip when wet. No map on tees doesn't help either, and again, concrete pads would be nice.
Other Thoughts: It's nice that the church built a course on their property, but a sloppy one. But the fact t=it's not the main focus gives me the rating that I gave. Not really worth drive and play if you live 30mins+ out. If you live in Gville though, it's worth because of the change of shots and lines.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.