Charlotte, NC
Eastway Park Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #3 (Taken 7/2012)

Ghost Town

1    8/16/2011   8/17/2011
Review By: HeavyEd
Pros: Relatively new park, equipment, grounds, & chains. Decent (regularly maintained) restroom building. Challenging wide open shots and excellent use of the available elevations. I love hole 17.
Cons: Disc Eaters are huge, especially on hole 16. Field grasses are too tall! Besure sure to where long pants and check yourself after leaving. Holes 14 and 15 felt like I was playing in some old demolished neighborhood.The roughs and out of bounds are way too overgrown. Way to easy to lose a disc in these areas. A lot of the signage is in terrible dis-repair and I had to hunt for a few tee boxes.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a tough course and I'm not even all that good. I'm just a recreational player. I did enjoy the closeness of the train (as it was barreling through). I definitely preferred the front 9 over the back nine. I'll play it again hopefully with better luck next time.

Not a Fan

2-4    5/31/2011   7/3/2011
Review By: Mortis Canyon
This review was updated on 3/31/2013
Pros: Course has a good number of open holes for a "grip and rip" feel. Something kinda unusual for a Charlotte course.
Baskets are in good shape.
Good use of elevation.
Multiple shots required in order to score well.
Multiple concrete tee pads and baskets at most holes.
Cons: Some holes play along a road and cars will park alongside of it and makes #7 unplayable at times.
Some the wooded holes will be very muddy when it rains.
Course could use benches and trash cans.
Course is not in a good part of town.
Poison ivy is around if you get into the woods.
Other Thoughts: One of my favorite holes for this course is #5 where you tee off uphill do an elevated island green down the hill. Huge risk/reward hole but ace-able.

Playing in groups is highly recommended.

I'm not a huge fan of this course but since I live in Charlotte, I'm sure I will go back and play again.