Parma, NY
Parma DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #5 (Taken 9/2010)

Beautiful

1    8/5/2013   8/13/2013
Review By: Jimbucket
Pros: Amazing, well planned, good for all levels, well maintained, technical in parts. Very easy to figure out. They have maps, and nice signs.

Cons: NONE! I just wish more courses were like this one.
Other Thoughts: Pay close attention to certain holes. As with many DG courses, some holes play very close to others, I did notice this on a couple holes here.

Signature Holes, Signature Holes, Signature Holes!!

5+    4/5/2013   6/18/2013
Review By: illuminatefreak
Pros: I absolutely LOVE this course. It's a bit of a hike for me from my house (about a 50 minute drive) but I've made it on multiple occasions... it's just worth it in every way!
- Giant concrete tee pads.
- More than half of the course are signature holes (memorable and unique). #10 is just something you want to ace... bad!
- Awesome course design. Every hole feels like something different than the last or the next.
- Wooded holes require a good line to not get into trouble but are also very fair.
- Practice basket
- No other usage of land which means only traffic are other DG'ers
- Great scenery and landscape!
- Very well maintained.
- Great balance of straight, left turn, right turn holes. Makes you think before you throw.
Cons: If I had to nit-pick, I'd say...
- I wish the gates were open before 7am. I'm a WAY early riser and enjoy to play at sunrise. But that has nothing to do with the course itself... which is difficult to find anything wrong with in my opinion.
- Course Layout . more navigation signs would be nice. Using a guide would be best. Where you'd think you'd go for the next hole isn't always where it actually is. Definitely recommend printing the map. Can be confusing if it's your first time. Had to skip a few holes my first time out until I came on here and got some clarification on placement. That was when the layout had changed and the map wasn't updated though. Map is up to date now.
Other Thoughts: This is a GREAT course all around. My buddy got his first ace on hole #2 which was sweet to watch and experience.

I've brought friends trying Disc Golf out for the first time (or fairly new to it). After experiencing this course, they're hooked!

If you're in the area, and you don't play this course, you have no idea what you're missing!! It's not just a round of disc golf... it's an experience.

Really Nice

5+    3/25/2012   4/6/2012
Review By: jkanick38
This review was updated on 5/17/2013
Pros: great mix of holes well kept and well mowed, great scenery and follows through nature trail good for all levels of players, very pretty during summer great signs installed help the locating of tees and baskets
Cons: can be muddy in areas early in the season,Ground bees on hole 8 right after tee box for those who dont like bees last spring that ai played.
Other Thoughts: Overal a challenging course, lost of differnt styles of holes ranging from heavy wooded to wide open. has some elivations changes but mostly flat and open water on a few holes only may be a pro for some and a con for others, again very prety to play through. best course in rochester

Top of the line

2-4    11/13/2011   1/9/2012
Review By: theeassassin
Pros: This course has it all. Mix of all shots, elevation changes, technical holes, open field shots. Amazing tee pads and hole signs. Very scenic. Defiantly a must play for any local players
Cons: Navigation, not horrible but defiantly need a map the first few times played. Walking distance between holes and length of time needed to play all 18 but this is just getting a little nit picky now.
Other Thoughts: Parking in VFW a little weird, course hours open but gate was shut, just parked off to side and left note on car stating that I was playing disc golf.

Rochester's secret!

5+    12/28/2010   12/28/2010
Review By: Chiefstang
This review was updated on 10/8/2011
Pros: Really a great mix. There's good elevation changes, a wide open field, some great wooded shots, righty throws, lefty throws... Just great. Brand new tee-pads and signs are a huge plus!

It's really not a matter of wanting to use all the discs in your bag, it's more out of neccessity.

The new layout is just great. I miss maybe one or two of the old holes, but the new ones more than make up for it.

I don't have a huge arm, so it seemed as though I did alot of drive, drive, putt as opposed to drive, approach, putt. Made it pretty challenging for me personally, and I scored a little higher than I like initially. After playing more rounds and accepting the challenge, rather than fighting it, the course took a shine for me.

Stronger arms will love this one.
Cons: A little tricky to navigate. Make sure you have a current map, or a guide if you're new to the course.

The old layout had a great hole over a pond, but they've gotten rid of that, leaving only a small stream as any potential water danger. Wish there was a little more risk, but I'm just getting picky.
Other Thoughts: With the Amateur Worlds coming, this course has been evolving quickly, and I have a feeling it will be the favorite come next summer. It has rapidly gone frome an average course, to a true force to be reckoned with. Even if you've played it in the past, it's worth the trip to re-test your arm at Parma.