Sault Sainte Marie, MI
Dalimonte DGC Share
Uploaded By: sgamerp Hole #6

No reviews in two years= my first clue...

1    5/20/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: apdrvya
Pros:
Aesthetic-- plays through hiking trails and apparently down and up ski, sled and tubing hills. The hill holes were not in the ground in mid-may when I was there. There was NO snow or any hint of snow... The hiking trails I'm sure are used for HIKING so be careful and vigilant.

Baskets-- Since the hill holes weren't in, I wasn't overly depressed by the baskets. They were portable baskets and single chained but they caught nicely.
Cons:
Routing and nav-- not terrible for the first 5 holes, after that, it was anyone's game. seriously, there were so many intersecting trails that I had no clue where I was throwing. I ended up walking from 6 to 10 and then back to the parking lot because that was the last basket in(on) the ground.

Teesigns-- only numbers. no distance or diagram or anything of any use.

Teepads/pathways-- chew the hell out of your discs so avoid at all costs.

Risk v Reward-- not really any to speak of. the "water" was nothing more than small creeks that were a foot wide at most. the muck was more of a challenge to avoid as there was standing water everywhere.
I should have known but as a dedicated course bagger, I had to come up... glad Silver Mountain was next.

what were they thinking

1    7/12/2011   10/12/2011
Review By: leadpaint
Pros: they don't charge
Cons: this course is a mess all the baskets are portable. the front nine had grass and brush topping 4ft the back nine was spread out on a hill side with some of the baskets at 45 degree angles yeah tilt a basket that far so that all chains are on one side and then stick it into the side of a hill.
Other Thoughts: i have played many courses and this was the worst. i dont mind walking up and down hills. but they truly failed at designing this course and per their cities website they were planning on having a 500 person tournament there. to me that means they have no clue to how the sport is played and nor a clue to build a course and it shows. you should not make a trip out of your way to play there. I spoke with some locals and this is supposedly a revised setup of the hill side baskets....i'd hate to see how it was originally.

Needs Upkeep and signs

1    7/23/2011   7/26/2011
Review By: KvnBchr
Pros: LOTS of potential! Great variety of holes (elevation, woods, long, short). I was in town for a reunion, is was convienent to play.
Cons: Needs: a good mow, trees trimmed, and signs.
Other Thoughts: Bring bug spray, and a weed-whaker!

Local DG Course

1    7/24/2011   7/25/2011
Review By: chuckit
This review was updated on 8/4/2011
Pros: Close to home (SSM), lots of parking, new baskets. Fairways and baskets are now easy to locate since the course has been weed-whacked this week.
Cons: Could use some "next tee" signage, and the course map would benefit from including the Lynn Trail on it.
Other Thoughts: Apparently this course was scheduled for PDGA certification this summer, but some "next tee" signs and an improved course map would probably help.

2-4    6/13/2009   6/16/2010
Review By: sgamerp
This review was updated on 8/14/2013
Pros: Updated 4/23/2012

First Nine are in a wooded area and back nine are on the ski hills. A lot of down hill shots. A good amount of shots needed. Tricky, but still fun. All the water is really just like small creeks(atleast they were like puddles for me but I went in June)

I played this place again in June of 2011. They have set up 9 more holes. Some huge bombs down ski hills which makes a lot of fun.
Cons: A lot of bugs. The ruff is really ruff. I lost two discs on Hole 7( its like a ledge and then if you go to far right you're in like 1 foot tall rough) the back 9 is really hard to tell what to do. You go over for hole 10 then down a hill for hole 11 then up a hill for hole twelve and then thirteen couldn't be found.

They need Teesigns here. They have a lot of good holes, but once you are in the last 9 you have no directly. even hard to find the teepad.
Other Thoughts: I went at like 8:30 and no one was there so I didn't have to pay(on a sunday) but when i left at about 9:45 no one was there. It seems like they have a lot of cleaning up to do but its got a lot of good shots and things going for it. A lot of signs in there for names of stuff that must be jokes. Could use a map or something at the numbered signs helping you figure out where to go. With a good amount of work done to it this place could be well up to a 4 to a 4.5 (I also played this on June 13 2010 but it said I had to go to the future to play this game) I went late June or early July second time around and no one was there for money either.

This has a chance to be great. My brother and I went here the second time(he hardly plays) and he had a good time, but once in the back 9 we had no real chance of finding it.

Also i got the worst Posion Ivy I've gotten from playing Disc. So just watch out for that wear some high socks and what not.