Mountaintop, PA
Crestwood High School Share

Well...Ummm...Yeah...So...

1    5/19/2012   5/22/2012
Review By: bcr123psu
Pros: Crestwood High School is easy to get to as it's off one of the main roads in the region. Once you know the location of the baskets, the "course" isn't hard to find either.

Certain "fairways" incorporate elevation changes. The design is great for practicing putting.

The baskets appear to be in good shape and are numbered.

Having baskets at a high school is a great way to give disc golf some exposure to the local youth.
Cons: This is just a bunch of baskets plopped on a small, unkempt piece of hill. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but most aspects of this "course" are cons:

No tees
No tee signs
No comprehendable layout
No real fairways from tee (basket?) to basket
One basket was missing
The grass was very tall around all but one of the baskets
All "fairways" were wide open, straight shots at the basket and they all appeared to be less than 200'

I'll stop here. I think you get the picture.
Other Thoughts: I was going to take some photos of the "course", but when I got there and saw all five baskets sitting in the space that would usually occupy a single fairway, I realized that taking a picture would be a waste of my time (like the 30 minutes I spent getting there, the 15 minutes I played there, and the 30 minutes I spent going to my next destination).

As noted in the Pros, I do appreciate the attempt to introduce disc golf to the students at Crestwood High School. I just wish that it was 2-3 legit holes (including tees and real fairways) instead of 6 (now 5) baskets dropped on the corner scrap of land by the school exit.

I never thought that I'd give a course with good baskets a 0.5, but in all honesty, this course is only worth your time if you happen to be at Crestwood Highschool already and don't have anything better to do than toss a few putts.