Mountaintop, PA
Crestwood High School Share

Well...Ummm...Yeah...So...

1    5/19/2012   5/22/2012
Review By: bcr123psu
Pros: Crestwood High School is easy to get to as it's off one of the main roads in the region. Once you know the location of the baskets, the "course" isn't hard to find either.

Certain "fairways" incorporate elevation changes. The design is great for practicing putting.

The baskets appear to be in good shape and are numbered.

Having baskets at a high school is a great way to give disc golf some exposure to the local youth.
Cons: This is just a bunch of baskets plopped on a small, unkempt piece of hill. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but most aspects of this "course" are cons:

No tees
No tee signs
No comprehendable layout
No real fairways from tee (basket?) to basket
One basket was missing
The grass was very tall around all but one of the baskets
All "fairways" were wide open, straight shots at the basket and they all appeared to be less than 200'

I'll stop here. I think you get the picture.
Other Thoughts: I was going to take some photos of the "course", but when I got there and saw all five baskets sitting in the space that would usually occupy a single fairway, I realized that taking a picture would be a waste of my time (like the 30 minutes I spent getting there, the 15 minutes I played there, and the 30 minutes I spent going to my next destination).

As noted in the Pros, I do appreciate the attempt to introduce disc golf to the students at Crestwood High School. I just wish that it was 2-3 legit holes (including tees and real fairways) instead of 6 (now 5) baskets dropped on the corner scrap of land by the school exit.

I never thought that I'd give a course with good baskets a 0.5, but in all honesty, this course is only worth your time if you happen to be at Crestwood Highschool already and don't have anything better to do than toss a few putts.

Not really a course at all

1    6/18/2011   3/4/2012
Review By: ace5353
Pros: I guess the only pro that I could give this course is that it is great practice for your approach. all of the holes are easily reachable with a putter or mid range. The only reason that I am giving this a 1 is because I love seeing disc golf being promoted at a high school.
Cons: The most obvious con is that this is not even really a course. It is 6 holes the longest of which is around 125 feet. It would be a nice place to go to and practice your putting or your approach, but that is about it.
Other Thoughts: Even though this is not a course, It is very exciting to see a high school promoting this wonderful sport. I would love to see small practice holes like this at more high schools so that more young people can get involved.

A good little course

5+    6/2/2010   6/3/2010
Review By: `cjc
This review was updated on 10/12/2010
Pros: It's a course close to home. This course is a midrange -putter tpye course, no need for drivers here. 6 basket placements
Cons: A little too short, holes average under 200ft so your not going bombing here. No tee signs or tee pads, although there are tee markers (brick). It's more of a practice area than a course, really.
Other Thoughts: A nice, little practice area/course close to home. It's not something I would recommend traveling for, but if your in town, it's great. The alternate basket placements make this course much more challenging by using elevation and OB to the max.