Hattiesburg, MS
Tatum Trails DGC Share
Uploaded By: Martin Dewgarita   (Taken 3/2011)
Gazebo at Start (Course info posted on back)

Well... it's worth the price of admission.

1    5/26/2013   5/30/2013
Review By: WSP420
Pros: -Nice, well maintained park with ample parking.
-Trash cans all around parking areas
-Free to play
-Map of course on the gazebo at Hole #1
-The course flow is O.K. but the way it stays right outside of other used areas is great design. You really shouldn't have a problem with park-goers (parkies?) getting in the way
Cons: -No benches or trash cans on the course
-Several of the holes were just bad - a 90 turn in the fairway on a short hole just makes you feel like you're laying up twice & a 180 horseshoe hole that the tee and the basket are almost side by side is novel but not much else.
-Navigation can be tough at times
-Not a horrible course, I really did enjoy it. It's just not very memorable
Other Thoughts: Out of the 3 locations in Hattiesburg to play disc golf this one is at the bottom of the list for me. Once again, it's a really nice park with an 18-hole course, that seems to stay out of the way, with a nice mix of holes.
If you're stopping to play in Hattiesburg definitely play this one... only if you are able to play Paul B. State Park, too. Don't make this course your only stop.

A real challenge...

2-4    12/22/2010   12/22/2010
Review By: boxmark25
Pros: I really liked this course and had a good time playing. I really liked what the designers did with the use of space allowed. I was a bit skeptical about playing this course after reading the previous reviews but i gave it a chance anyway, and i am glad i did. The course was a real challenge. I also loved the basket placement on holes 6 and 7. You can't feel the wind while you are down under the basket but believe me it's there.
Cons: Eventhough i really enjoyed this course it does have some issues. I LOVE tee pads and think that every course should have them. The pads were only marked with flags and some were missing. Some of the tee pads had loose dirt and some of them had big humps on them. The lack of good tee signs was also annoying. There were some makeshift tee signs but they only helped a little. Also the fairways were riddled with small tree stumps that caused my to twist my ankle on more than one occasion. I know this course is the work of several different parties including Hattiesburg parks and rec. I also know that parks and rec have enough money to improve this course and make it the real gem it could be. Come on parks and rec STEP UP!!!
Other Thoughts: I think this course has the potential to be really really good, it just needs some TLC. This course was just what i needed to meake me realize that i still need a lot of work. I will comtinue to go back and play this course with the hope that the rec department will realize with a little work it could be spectacular.