Apex, NC
Avalon Peaks Share
Uploaded By: LeeLK Hole #13 (Taken 1/2014)
Hole #13 Target

Not worth your time

1    7/4/2013   7/11/2013
Review By: TebowThrowRocFar
Pros: Me and My friends were the only people on the course. It has 18 holes with a lot of birdie opportunities if you can figure the course out.
Cons: No Tee pads. No signs. Went in middle of summer, was not maintained, had pretty tall grass with no trail. Some baskets are difficult to find. You have to park at your own risk because there are signs for towing.
Other Thoughts: We thought it would be a good place to stop after playing middle creek, it was n't. I will never go there again. I don't recommend going. Defiantly the worst maintained course I have ever been too.

Beware

1    6/15/2011   6/15/2011
Review By: New013
This review was updated on 1/14/2012
Pros: Somehow most of the baskets are still there.

4 is a nice hole if you don't play it from the actual tee and instead play it from the other side of the pond.
5 is an alright uphill hole.
The pin for 6 isn't in insanely tall bug infested grass.
15-18 are in the woods and are actually pretty nice holes. They require some technical shot shaping to birdie.

You can build your ace count if you can put up with how terrible the course is.

I saw a huge white tail buck who ran right by me.

I shot 9 under.. that's a plus...

Leaving the course was really exciting.
Cons: No tees
No signs marking where the tees should be for most of the holes, only a rock on the ground listing an incorrect distance for the first few.
No maintenance... none.. at all
No other thing that makes a dg course legit

1-5 run right behind the buildings of the complex.. I mean right behind. You're playing in peoples back yards... kinda weird.
1's basket is on the ground.
1-3 are all straight downhill shots that made me want to leave the course before I went any further.
4 expects you to throw your disc through a 3 foot opening in a small patch of trees to a pin by a pond. I laughed at that idea and made my own hole.

After 5 you have a long walk to 6 through the apartment complex. The signs guiding you from 5 to 6 were a nice surprise but called the course a "Frisbee Disc Golf Course"

When I got to 6 I wished that I had quit when my jiminy cricket told me to after 3.
6-13 are all out in a strip of field for power lines and on the service road. The field's grass is 3-5ft tall. Basically all the pins are just randomly out in the field and if I didn't have the map right in front of me I would have never known where to go.

Even with the map it was confusing. 7 either has no basket or it shares a basket with 13... at least that's how I played it.
I think Carmen Sandiego stole hole 9 cuz when I looked at the map and then the field I thought.. "where in the world." It makes it look like 6 and 9 are the same hole.

The grass in the field was so tall and junglefied I expected Eric Rudolph to pop up and ask for food and water. Bugs were all over me and I felt like I needed Rikki Tikki Tavi as a bodygaurd from any possible snakes that could of easily been hiding everywhere I stepped.

Luckily I found all my discs but you could easily lose one if you have an errant throw.

14 has no basket its just a pole in the ground. I threw my disc right beside it and called it a birdie.

'F this' came to mind a lot while playing it.

Once you finish 18 you are left on the complete opposite side of the complex from where you parked for the first tee.
Walking back people looked at me like an alien for carrying discs; they were probably thinking 'man I love disc golf but screw the course in our apartment complex.'
Other Thoughts: Don't ever ever ever play this course unless somebody is paying you to or you live in Avalon Peaks and nothing is good on tv. I could see using 1-5 for practice or just playing 15-18 over and over again for tight wooded course practice. The only reason the course gets a 0.5 from me is that 15-18 are legit holes.

I honestly plan on contacting the apartment complex and asking how much they want for some of the baskets.. it's obvious nobody cares anymore.