Juneau, WI
Dodgeland Middle/High School Share
Uploaded By: koogs   (Taken 6/2011)
All baskets are like this

Juneau there was a course here?

1    4/2/2011   7/15/2011
Pros: 1) Another school with a course . . . promoting the sport to the youngsters.

2) Nice turf all over this course . . . generally from lack of use I am sure.

3) Rubber mats are better than bare dirt or grass when instaled right. They were mostly done ok here.

4) RIsk/reward on a few of the baskets along the hill and also under a tree with a wetland behind the basket to avoid.

5) Nice Mach baskets . . . in good shape and installed properly. The baskets didn't make me three putt one hole and 2 putt 2 others . . . I DID.
Cons: 1) Hole distances are very similar which limits disc selection and variety.

2) A few of the rubber mats could have been installed better.

3) Not enough challenge here to bring me back . . . its just another course played.

4) Not enough variety . . . other than the basket on the sidehill, the basket under the tree and needing to elevaye a teeshot on the one up the hill . . the rest of the holes are pretty much boring and open.

5) Road comes into play as does the parking lot on a couple of shots.
Other Thoughts: I actually three putted on the shortest 170' hole otherwise I could have had a much better round, but -4 on 9 holes isn't too bad. We played this on the way home from our tournament in Beaver Dam. I didn't expect much with it being in the middle of nowhere at a school. The couple of things they used good design for actually were better than I expected, but just not enough for me to really want to come back.

That's about it . . . I doubt I will ever be back, just not enough to draw me in!

buckets to throw at

1    6/1/2010   6/16/2010
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: Nine baskets permanently installed.
I think this is three section of three baskets for student use. "Holes" within the three baskets sections are short and unblocked; i.e. @200 ft.; one blocked with some trees. We played from basket to basket and the pros would be the "holes" going from one section to another. First is a 400+ ft. shot involving Hwy. 26. Day we played; there was a fierce head wind; which threw my rhbh to the right; across the highway; twice!!! Ended that hole with a double circle 8!!! Next long one brings baseball field, dug outs and another building into play and is even longer; also pavement in play. Third long one; we did not play as parking lot was full. To play it would be an even longer hole with tons of parking lot o.b.
During the summer; I imagine you will have the course to yourself for practice.
Cons: Not really a course; I wasn't going to post it here.
No tee areas. No markings of any sort. We just happened to see the baskets from highway and pulled in.
School course bringing those issues into play.
Other Thoughts: Now that this "course" is posted; I guess you can play it; to cross it off the list. There are some decent safari holes here as noted; but, otherwise, nothing really going on.