School course. Same as the rest.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: There are 9 Mach 2 baskets here that wrap around the school starting on the southeast corner of the property. The baskets were in good shape and level. There are about 3'x6' rubber mats for each tee. These helped with knowing where to throw from. There is very slight elevation on a couple holes, nothing drastic but better than totally flat. Course ends as close as possible to where you started.
Cons: Hardly any obstacles. A couple trees on hole 8 and the slight elevation on holes 5 and 6 I believe. No tee signs so navigation can be tricky. Just start on the southeast corner along the road. After hole 3 walk west past the ball diamonds to find 4 and the rest wraps around the school. The course can't be played during school hours.
Other Thoughts: This is just your typical school course. It just plays through open, mowed fields. Nothing to go even remotely out of your way for. It is nice for the students though and that's who it's intended for so It's passable for that.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Juneau there was a course here?
Pros: 1) Another school with a course . . . promoting the sport to the youngsters.
2) Nice turf all over this course . . . generally from lack of use I am sure.
3) Rubber mats are better than bare dirt or grass when instaled right. They were mostly done ok here.
4) RIsk/reward on a few of the baskets along the hill and also under a tree with a wetland behind the basket to avoid.
5) Nice Mach baskets . . . in good shape and installed properly. The baskets didn't make me three putt one hole and 2 putt 2 others . . . I DID.
Cons: 1) Hole distances are very similar which limits disc selection and variety.
2) A few of the rubber mats could have been installed better.
3) Not enough challenge here to bring me back . . . its just another course played.
4) Not enough variety . . . other than the basket on the sidehill, the basket under the tree and needing to elevaye a teeshot on the one up the hill . . the rest of the holes are pretty much boring and open.
5) Road comes into play as does the parking lot on a couple of shots.
Other Thoughts: I actually three putted on the shortest 170' hole otherwise I could have had a much better round, but -4 on 9 holes isn't too bad. We played this on the way home from our tournament in Beaver Dam. I didn't expect much with it being in the middle of nowhere at a school. The couple of things they used good design for actually were better than I expected, but just not enough for me to really want to come back.
That's about it . . . I doubt I will ever be back, just not enough to draw me in!
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
buckets to throw at
Pros: Nine baskets permanently installed.
I think this is three section of three baskets for student use. "Holes" within the three baskets sections are short and unblocked; i.e. @200 ft.; one blocked with some trees. We played from basket to basket and the pros would be the "holes" going from one section to another. First is a 400+ ft. shot involving Hwy. 26. Day we played; there was a fierce head wind; which threw my rhbh to the right; across the highway; twice!!! Ended that hole with a double circle 8!!! Next long one brings baseball field, dug outs and another building into play and is even longer; also pavement in play. Third long one; we did not play as parking lot was full. To play it would be an even longer hole with tons of parking lot o.b.
During the summer; I imagine you will have the course to yourself for practice.
Cons: Not really a course; I wasn't going to post it here.
No tee areas. No markings of any sort. We just happened to see the baskets from highway and pulled in.
School course bringing those issues into play.
Other Thoughts: Now that this "course" is posted; I guess you can play it; to cross it off the list. There are some decent safari holes here as noted; but, otherwise, nothing really going on.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.