Rolla, MO
Lion's Club DGC Share
Uploaded By: fairweather_fan Hole #12 (Taken 6/2010)

1 2 3 Next >
 Home Course!

1    6/22/2010   6/26/2010
Review By: DriveCrusher2
This review was updated on 8/18/2010
Pros: Tricky and has challenging holes and very technical, can't try to ace everything, some holes make you play for just a par and go on, others are a little easier, i personally like the holes where u are throwing from the woods into the open field, baskets are awesome, never been on a course that had these cages, when your putter hits the chains it goes in and the basket doesn't allow a lot of bouncing around like other cages do.Fun course, great for unleahing drives, like 10, 15, 17, 18, 13. Favorite hole is hole 16 it just looks beautiful.
Cons: Overgrown brush on the sides of some fairways not many, isn't very high because it hasn't been mowed lately, will be mowed though. ticks are very bad and you will need bugspray, walking distance between 14 and 15, and 4 and 5 is kinda far but not as bad as some courses. 13 and 14 are very narrow fairways can get very difficult placing shots.
Other Thoughts: Great course to come to and a must play for anybody that loves disc golf. Course has been sprayed for ticks it is much better now, need to have spotters as to not lose a disc, the worst holes for this are 8 and 14 and there will be multiple pins eventually, it is a new course so there wont be concrete pads for a while but grass is fine with me.

This is a winner

5+    6/19/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: odysseus81
This review was updated on 9/23/2010
Pros: The course is very unique as far as wooded courses go. It is carved out of the woods (although there are still some very nice and interesting "open" shots). There have been hundreds of trees cut down and probably thousands of branches. They have cut a canopy of about 10-15 feet up the trees to where you don't have stray branches sticking out (if you stay in the fairway). This is great because while there are many tough, tight tee shots, a great shot is rewarded. There are almost no places on the course where it isn't fair. The whole course is great, but I really love the back nine...it is full of variety and forces you to throw every shot you have. The front nine is quite a bit shorter,, but is still quite challenging regardless of your skill level. I love the final 3 holes...great finishers for a great course. The course has long concrete tee pads that were installed this week and are very nice. They have really taken their time crafting this course making small changes and improvements as the course has been played. Initially, there was a significant tick and poison ivy issue out there, but having played it 30 times or so, I have never gotten poison ivy and the eliminated the tick issue months ago.
The practice basket has something very unique in that the have created an outward spiral with distances marked on stumps that are in the ground to let you practice from specific distances. A very nice extra touch.
The baskets are Gateway Titans, which are just fantastic baskets to throw at. The chains are very fair in grabbing the discs and they are definitely baskets built to last a long time.
Cons: About my only complaint with the course is the re-placement of tee #8. The hole is pretty redonkulous from there---
The course does not have any tee signs yet which is really the only missing touch left as far as I am concerned. Even without the tee signs, the course is very easy to navigate as there are going to be (already started in some places) mulched paths taken you from each basket to the next tee, as well as stumps in the ground pointing you in the right direction.
Other Thoughts: This is by far, my favorite course within 150 miles, and it is probably my favorite course out of those in the St. Louis area as well. It certainly holds up well against the best St. Louis has to offer. This course is a gem and definitely will be well worth the visit to play, regardless of where you are coming from. I count myself blessed to live 10 minutes away=)

New Home Course!!!

5+    6/19/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: cooktastic
This review was updated on 9/23/2010
Pros: This course is brand new (baskets dropped yesterday)...so it is still a work in progress. I will definitely be revisiting this review and revising it once they address some of the issues that I know they are planning on addressing as the course progresses. I am thrilled that my home town finally has a legit 18 hole course to call my home course. We have a nice little complimentary 9 holer across town for about 9 months now...but before that you had to drive an hour or more to play anywhere. This course (when completely finished with the nice touches they are planning) is going to be really special. It has a little of everything. It is tightly wooded on almost all of the holes...with a few exceptions where you can stretch it out and throw some really long drives. And the tightly wooded holes have some very narrow fairways to thread the needle. The front nine is very RHBH anhyzer friendly. The baskets are Gateway Titans which I love. Those things will catch anything....very grabby. If you get a spitout on one of those you did not make a great effort. They also put PVC pipes sticking about 5 or 6 feet and really help with seeing the baskets. I love little touches like that on a course. They also have a couple of really nice bridges put in over creeks that they put a lot of work into...they look really nice. I love hole 16 (with the bridge before the basket). I think it is my favorite hole on the course. Great anhyzer shot over a creek (about 250 out???) up into a tight little clearing in the woods.
Cons: It really needs some more brush cleared out in areas (I know they are in the process of doing this). They also need to run a brush hog in a couple of those holes right off the fairway (lots of poison). At least I knew this and wore long pants and shirt today...even though I lost 10 pounds of water weight. You also need to spray for bugs out there. I swear this is a major metropolitan area for ticks out there. It must be an epicenter of population or something cause they are everywhere. There are a few of the teepads that need some work evening out. I know this will be taken care of when concrete ones are put in...but in the meantime a couple have some dangerous uneven spots and even a couple of stumps. Hole 14 has had a little 'clearing' cut through the end of the fairway brush in the cutback to the basket. I like the approach...but it is like playing pinball through the next shot. It is a completely luck shot to get it through there. I don't care if it is a tight window in there...but there at least needs to be some kind of window instead of a tree cut out here and there. Obviously when they get around to putting in the signs and benches and all the ammenities it will just make this course that much more special.

UPDATE: Most of my gripes have been addressed. Hole number 14 is no longer an 'unfair' pinball type shot at the end of the fairway...they have cleared out a nice window through the woods to the basket and opened up the green a bit to give you more space to putt all the way around it. Also, the concrete is in now and the pads are very nice. 12 foot long so plenty of run up room. Still no hole layout signs but rumor has it that those are still in the works?
Other Thoughts: I have only played it once...but I already really like it. Even in it's infancy I can tell this is a special course. It's great to have a home 18 now.

UPDATE: The more I have played this course...the more grateful I am that this is in my backyard to play anytime I want. I really like the balance of the course layout and just look forward to playing the game I love out here.

1 2 3 Next >