Universal City, TX
Universal City Park Share
Uploaded By: Guru10 Hole #10 (Taken 1/2011)

Nice Course

1    2/26/2013   2/27/2013
Review By: tredway
Pros: Not bothered by wind as much through most of the course.
Cons: Some of the holes are confusing as to where the basket is.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I like this course. I am a left handed player and this course favors the righty which is making me learn how to throw righty. Will be playing this one a lot.

Alrighty then

2-4    6/10/2012   7/8/2012
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: Notta bad little course right here. There is jsut about every kind of shot there is here. This course doesnt favor one player over another. It is very fair and plays evenly for the righy and the lefty. Alot of the short holes here have lines that if you dont hit them your score will skyrocket quickly. Most of the greens have some sort of "trick" to them and you have to be aware of to score well. Not a lot of elevation but where there is it is used to the best. The concrete tees are nice here and make for good footing off of the tees. The fun factor is high here because of the variety of shot selection and hole types.
Cons: The grass was very overgrown and there were a lot of debris scattered throughout the course. Navigation is not very easy for a first timer even though I played the old layout and its on the same land. Lots of blind holes and areas where you have to walk around to find the basket or the next tee. You could use a spotter to save time on the blind holes because of the tall grass/debris.
Other Thoughts: Doesnt seem like it would be very beginner friendly. If the debris would get cleaned up and there wasnt knee high grass throughout, it would rank higher. There are some bells by the baskets on the blind holes tpo ring and let the guys on the tee know your clear.

An Interesting course....

1    12/4/2011   12/4/2011
Review By: austoroc
Pros: Some of the holes are quite fun to play. Even though there's a lot of short holes, I can imagine this course being a fun course to do an ace race with your friends.

Even though the signage, and navigation could be improved, the layout wasn't too confusing for a first-timer like me. I had a map with me, and it's pretty easy to navigate.

There is definitely enough variety in shot selections for many people here, and that is something that this course have to offer.
Cons: Few of the hole designs are well-meaning, but not quite successful. It does feel like this course was designed by a righty, so the course does not quite feel like it's neutral.

Baskets are quite old, and I noticed that few of them were slightly damaged. I realize that those things are expensive to buy, but compared to other courses in the area, the difference in quality is quite substantial.

Few of the pin placements, to me, were not ideal. I can imagine erosion will be going to be a problem for this course in the future. The first obvious example is the hole #13 with the A pin placement.

Tee pads aren't as good as they seemed to be. I was surprised to see that at least couple of them aren't even level.
Other Thoughts: Who is this course for? I can imagine people with all skills level can enjoy this course, because many of the holes are short enough for people who doesn't throw that far (or beginners) but it can be technical for more advanced players.

The proximity of this course to McClain and Live Oak would be something people would like if they wanted to have a nice, long day of playing disc golf.

I can't quite feel like I can justify giving this a course higher rating than I would give Live Oak or McClain Park. (Hey, I haven't reviewed them yet, but they factored in my mind in how I rated this course.)

I'd come back here again if I'm coming to the city for a long day of disc golf. I think I'd play this as a wind-down to either Live Oak or McClain.