Universal City, TX
Universal City Park Share
Uploaded By: Guru10 Hole #10 (Taken 1/2011)
Hole #10 Approach

great challenge

2-4    12/21/2012   1/5/2013
Review By: Hammer Time
Pros: Very fun and challenging course. With multiple long drives and hard dog legs this place will require good forehand and backhand throws if you want a good score.
Cons: Navigation after hole 3 confused me the first time.
Tee signs show alternative holes but I have yet to see them.
Not quite a con, just a downside that this course is so far from me otherwise I'd play it alot more often.

Loved this course!

1    5/21/2011   5/21/2011
Review By: allent
Pros: The course starts out with good signage and "next hole" signs. There is a great mix of short and long holes that require a bunch of different shots. I really like the elevation changes and the big ravine(s) that come into play on many of the holes. Overall a great, challenging course.
Cons: I think some changes have taken place to this course and the signs just need to be updated. One hole needs a tee pad and some of the baskets aren't in the best shape. After the beginning where the holes are clearly marked and signage is correct, a first-timer would really need someone to show them around, which luckily I had.
Other Thoughts: Bottomline, this is a great track. With some updated hole signs and few more signs directing players to the next hole, this could really be an exceptional course. I could see it being fairly frustrating for a new player, but a great challenge for players with a little experience. You really need to be able to throw ALL the shots to do well on this course. I've never had to throw so many high overhead shots and low skip shots (both left and right), but it was great to have to on this course. If you're in or around the San Antonio area, you owe it to yourself to give this course a try.

Great Play

1    3/22/2011   3/22/2011
Review By: Von Roll
This review was updated on 3/26/2011
Pros: Brand new signs.
Good flow to the layout.
Elevation changes
Multiple baskets.
Many Benches and trashcans.
Cons: Some holes could be hard to find if you are unfamiliar with the course.
Although part of the game, when you go outta bounds, YOU GO OUTTA BOUNDS. Cactus, cedars and various thorned vegitation make disc retrieval more than difficult.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is one of my top 5 courses. Although this course could be tough for beginners, intermediate and advanced players should have a field day.

A Staple in San Antonio area disc golf

5+    11/7/2010   11/7/2010
Review By: Guru10
This review was updated on 11/19/2010
Pros: -Every variety of shot can be used. I love taking new discs out here to put to the test.

-I really like the way this new layout flows. Holes 7-13 are new and fresh. Hole 7 really lets you air out with two clear paths to take, but don't forget about all of your possible shots. As a lefty, I am constantly looking for new options. Hole 8 is a tight left off the tee. Play off the bounce for a closer shot. Hole 9 is a sweet valley shot, ending up and to the left. Be careful, the basket is on an island and a selfish shot could end up in the brush. Hole 10 and 11 play identical. Both are a short tee shot to a basket behind a gate of trees, if you will. A bouncer will be rewarded greatly, but control is key. Hole 12 is a unique shot. For me (left handed, remember) it's a backhand with lots of snap. the basket is located halfway up a hill and to the right, behind a treeline. the clear line is around them wide, but a well controlled straight shot will be greatly rewarded. Oh did I mention the 6 foot hill right in front of the tee? Hole 13 is a short valley shot out of the woods and dog ears left to a flat fairway. Hole 14 is an oldie but a goodie, a recycled hole from the old layout. Basket sits on a dirt island and a wide right hyzer (for me) will take you there. Hole 15 is along the creek (which is never filled with much water) and basket sits in a clearing to the right. But again, many trees are scattered in between. Literally. There isn't really any pattern to them, narrow spaces in the middle, wider tunnels on the side. Go too far and you'll end up in the river (which isn't).
Cons: No new signs, but new benches? Seems like something that should be taken care of before benches. Very minor.
Other Thoughts: I love the new layout! Like I said, best place to put a new disc to the test. I love seeing my scores get lower and lower each time I play it. I'll be coming to this course for a very long time.

1    10/31/2010   11/1/2010
Review By: philguard
Pros: Great mix of terrain and elevation. Benches at just about every tee. Lots of shade (very important in south Texas). Baskets are in good condition. I went out on a Sunday afternoon and didn't see anyone else on the course. There were a few folks walking around the park that were helpful navigating the course. The course starts and ends right at the parking lot. A few really thoughtful design aspects, like stairs to get up a tough incline to the tee on 10.
Cons: A bit tough to navigate if it's your first time out there and the signs at each tee box are not very helpful. If you're not paying attention between holes you can get lost. Cacti in the OB (but if you throw your disk there, I guess that's your own fault). No bathrooms or water on the course.
Other Thoughts: I was apparently really interested in the rough areas since I kept throwing discs out there on a few holes but didn't lose any. At one point, a couple of guys on dirt bikes nearly ran me over. I had some fun watching a few jets land at Randolph AFB during one of my rests. Overall, I had a great time playing through this course and can't wait to get back out and give it another try.

changed

1    6/19/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: js1620
Pros: excelent diverse terrain; tight trees, open spaces, flat, slopes, rocks, grass, it has everything.
Cons: There are still some real dense bush so there is some areas that are blind so you may loose a disc or two until they do some more clearing.
Other Thoughts: they just changed the layout so they are still making new signs for the course and be carefull because the directions are'nt finished either.