The Colony, TX
Bill Allen Memorial Park Share
Uploaded By: Marty McFly Hole #4 (Taken 8/2010)
Hole #4 Tee: Basket is tucked away in the tree line.

Great course

5+    5/5/2013   5/5/2013
Review By: Pond-diver
Pros: Shots that will test your accuracy
Long shots
Short tricky shots
Good fun walk
Hole 2 3 6 8 and basically all of back 9 will require some thought
One of my favs in DFW!
Cons: Poison ivy
Snakes
Other Thoughts: Being my home course I will be biased but if you want go test your skills come play here
Very hard pars
I'm always diving In the pond on hole 6 looking for lost disc since I still can't make it over

Holy Guacamole Presto Changeo

1    5/16/2011   5/20/2011
Review By: Donovan
Pros: Wow! The change from an easy 9-hole course to a fun 18-hole course is impressive. The hard work really shows. This course has OB, water, a drop-off creek, open-holes, wooded holes, ace runs, protected baskets, some elevation, and a great layout. The variety of hole length and type of hole (woods, elevation, open, water) is really mixed. Playing this 18-hole layout for the first time was pretty cool. I was surprised often at what hole was next. It was not a predictable layout. That made it exciting. The baskets are great and the tee sign were excellent. The crushed granite tee pad "boxes" were actually great to throw on. I enjoyed this option, as they were not too slick and not too rough. Parking was great and there were plenty of trashcans along the way.
Cons: Navigation only get's you hung up a little now and then. Just look for the trashcans to find the holes that are a little harder to spot. BTW, when you get to the drop-off creek hole, you can walk around and cross a bridge just a little further down the sidewalk that is behind you. There are no rest room at this park, but the is a play ground that I am happy to say, doesn't come into play.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor here is high. This place is a great time. I am so thrilled with the constant changing of the type of holes, that it feels like it never gets boring. I wish this one was closer to home. I would be playing here much more often. I don't know who Bill Allen was, but it is a great memorial. He would be humbled by the work that was put into this, in his name! Kudos!

quick review...

5+    8/22/2010   8/28/2010
Review By: danielvstone
Pros: challenging, good variety, fun...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS COURSE...
Cons: brand new, so cut into some really overgrown and wild areas... easy to loose discs in brush and weeds.
Other Thoughts: I love to run through this course as often as possible. GREAT, GREAT course.