Forest Junction, WI
Freitag Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: icedpuck Hole #5 (Taken 9/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Not worth the drive

1    9/18/2012   9/18/2012
Review By: Flicker77
Pros: It's free. Cement tee pads in many locations (not all). Flags on all baskets so they are easy to see from a distance. Each tee has a nicely detailed map of the hole.
Cons: The brush needs attention, the fairways are NARROW, I like playing wooded courses, but this is almost too heavily wooded. If you have your disc go even a few feet off the fairway, you may end up spending more time looking for the disc in the heavy brush than playing the course. Wear your old shoes because the mud and water is abundant all over the course.
Other Thoughts: I was warned by many players to just steer clear but had to at least give it a shot. I gave up after 5 holes, which is saying alot. I walked the remainder of the course and felt that it really struck me as an ATV trail with baskets and tee boxes laced throughout rather than a disc golf course. It has the potential to be a very nice course, but just isn't getting the attention it needs.

Needs more attention

1    5/28/2012   6/8/2012
Pros: 1) Dual tees are always a plus.
2) Nice newer baskets.
3) Trapezoidal concrete on some of the tees.
4) Excellent property for disc golf with mature trees, tight fairways, and
5) Nice signs on the front 9, I think the back were temporary and many were missing, but the front 9 look very nice and have Hole #, Par, Distance, and a map, along with sponsors.
6) Mailbox with a course map on it, although I think I took the last one, I suppose I should have returned it but I was running out of the woods so as to not catch west nile virus from the hundreds of mosquitoes that stung me.
Cons: 1) It is virtually unplayable due to the rough underbrush lining the fairways. The fairways aren't even fair because of the underbrush truthfully. I would recommend over the top shots on this course rather than trying to throw the fairways.
2) Extremely wet area, I could tell the land this was put onto floods easily. It even looked like they were trying to create raised fairways, albeit 5-8' wide.
3) Mosquitoes and bugs were so annoying it was hard to even throw. I recommend going in a different season than spring or summer.
4) Some tees had signs, some were gone or hard to find.
Other Thoughts: Bottom line is this course is not completely playable as it is. Perhaps a different season would be better, but right now it needs a lot of work before I would even think of returning. I know the locals were working on the new private course, but someone could have continued to spend some time out here keeping the buckthorn down or leveling teepads.
It's hard to even say much more than this, I couldn't play the back 9 because the holes were tough to find and the bugs were insane. I won't hold it against the course at this point but I need to state what I felt about it as it stands right now. I hope to see the course improve because I think it is a great property for disc golf.

Not worth the trip

1    11/14/2011   12/24/2011
Review By: Banging Chains
Pros: The original 9 holes have nice concrete pads.
Offers something a little different.
Quiet.
Cons: Most of the holes were almost unplayable. Couldn't find most of the back 9 and the ones we did were over grown. No elevation or Water.
Other Thoughts: If someone took the time to love this course it could become something nice.

Wow

1    6/28/2009   6/28/2009
Review By: theycallmejg15
Pros: Nice concrete tee pads.. woods if you like woods(trying to think of any is hard)
Cons: Tough to figure out where the baskets are on each hole. had to walk the holes to find them.
The woods is completely overgrown. You really need to watch where you throw. Signs aren't up at every hole.... not for beginners.. take the extra drive to a better course.
Other Thoughts: This place as some major potential but it needs extreme work. Don't waste your time. Bug spray is needed if you go.