Forest Junction, WI
Freitag Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: icedpuck Hole #6 (Taken 9/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

hidden

2-4    10/19/2013   11/1/2013
Review By: gnarff
Pros: Quiet secluded peaceful and a nice place to just take your time and hang out with friends plus challenging and playground, good tees, maps
Cons: Some muddy spots when wet, crazy bugs in summer, heavily wooded almost imposible not to hit trees, very tight course but good use limited space. Could be cleaned out better
Other Thoughts: Looks like they are still clearing out old dead trees and brush. has potential for great 9 but 18 might be to much

Brutally awesome

5+    12/1/2012   12/5/2012
Review By: GB Phil G
Pros: Im reviewing this course so people give it more of a chance. As per previous reviews its full of trees and the fairways at times are impossible. I love this. Its that kind of game where you can feel good about a five because it could have been an eight. It feels even better to execute a shot and not hit a tree. And there are about 5 or 6 birdie opportunities here so its not all bad.
Cons: Bugs and wetness own the course spring and summer. Not fun. I play in fall. Because of this the underbrush will never get beaten down by disc golf traffic. Other cons..... Theres MAYBE four too many trees on the whole course. Casual players probably hate the tight fairways that I love.
Other Thoughts: Rating it a high 4.0 because thats where the fun factor is for me. I want others to come in fall and see the completed 18 holes here. Bring tough discs, plan on throwing a 64 or worse, and have fun.

Not worth the drive

1    9/18/2012   9/18/2012
Review By: Flicker77
Pros: It's free. Cement tee pads in many locations (not all). Flags on all baskets so they are easy to see from a distance. Each tee has a nicely detailed map of the hole.
Cons: The brush needs attention, the fairways are NARROW, I like playing wooded courses, but this is almost too heavily wooded. If you have your disc go even a few feet off the fairway, you may end up spending more time looking for the disc in the heavy brush than playing the course. Wear your old shoes because the mud and water is abundant all over the course.
Other Thoughts: I was warned by many players to just steer clear but had to at least give it a shot. I gave up after 5 holes, which is saying alot. I walked the remainder of the course and felt that it really struck me as an ATV trail with baskets and tee boxes laced throughout rather than a disc golf course. It has the potential to be a very nice course, but just isn't getting the attention it needs.

Needs more attention

1    5/28/2012   6/8/2012
Pros: 1) Dual tees are always a plus.
2) Nice newer baskets.
3) Trapezoidal concrete on some of the tees.
4) Excellent property for disc golf with mature trees, tight fairways, and
5) Nice signs on the front 9, I think the back were temporary and many were missing, but the front 9 look very nice and have Hole #, Par, Distance, and a map, along with sponsors.
6) Mailbox with a course map on it, although I think I took the last one, I suppose I should have returned it but I was running out of the woods so as to not catch west nile virus from the hundreds of mosquitoes that stung me.
Cons: 1) It is virtually unplayable due to the rough underbrush lining the fairways. The fairways aren't even fair because of the underbrush truthfully. I would recommend over the top shots on this course rather than trying to throw the fairways.
2) Extremely wet area, I could tell the land this was put onto floods easily. It even looked like they were trying to create raised fairways, albeit 5-8' wide.
3) Mosquitoes and bugs were so annoying it was hard to even throw. I recommend going in a different season than spring or summer.
4) Some tees had signs, some were gone or hard to find.
Other Thoughts: Bottom line is this course is not completely playable as it is. Perhaps a different season would be better, but right now it needs a lot of work before I would even think of returning. I know the locals were working on the new private course, but someone could have continued to spend some time out here keeping the buckthorn down or leveling teepads.
It's hard to even say much more than this, I couldn't play the back 9 because the holes were tough to find and the bugs were insane. I won't hold it against the course at this point but I need to state what I felt about it as it stands right now. I hope to see the course improve because I think it is a great property for disc golf.

Not worth the trip

1    11/14/2011   12/24/2011
Review By: Banging Chains
Pros: The original 9 holes have nice concrete pads.
Offers something a little different.
Quiet.
Cons: Most of the holes were almost unplayable. Couldn't find most of the back 9 and the ones we did were over grown. No elevation or Water.
Other Thoughts: If someone took the time to love this course it could become something nice.

Pindisc Wizard

1    9/17/2011   9/17/2011
Review By: icedpuck
Pros: Nice cement tee pads, baskets in good shape, clean, the signs that are left on the tee posts are very helpful, a well used path brings you thru the first nine, very technical course (I was over my head) and seems that hardly anyone plays here.
Cons: Too many trees in my opinion makes it hard to get distance before hitting 1, 2 or 3 of them in one throw. Tee signs missing off 4, 6 and 8 tee posts. Tee post for 9 is none existent. Foilage is thick in some spots.
Other Thoughts: I went here after reading the reviews hoping I could figure out the back nine and post pictures. Was able to locate 5 of 9 of the elusive inner loop but could not discern where to throw from. Bring your A game here, if you can't throw multiple s curves you will be hitting trees and looking for your discs.

Rough Stuff

1    5/15/2011   5/16/2011
Review By: Doctor Faustus
Pros: We went to try this course on a very windy day mostly because it was a tight heavily wooded course and we felt that the heavy woods would cut down some of the wind. It is located in a nice quiet neighborhood and most likely be sparsely populated by other people. You'll have your privacy on this one.
Cons: We tried to play all 18 holes, a few we couldn't find because it was so poorly marked. A few were completely unplayable (overgrown or tee pads underwater). This course needs A LOT of work.
Other Thoughts: It seems to me that this would be a wonderful course for a Disc Golf Club to donate time and energy to upkeep. The holes were challenging and fun, I could see where this course could be one of the better courses in the Fox River Valley. But it needs better markers, a haircut, and a map.

2-4    8/1/2009   8/3/2009
Review By: alex
Pros: very challanging and fun to play with people who know what their doing.
Cons: only 9 holes. some spots are over grown and easy to lose your discs. really buggy
Other Thoughts: i played with people that had no idea what they were doing so i spent more time looking for there discs then acualy playing but i want to go with someone who can plan and keep up

Crazy Woods - Awaiting more

5+    9/15/2008   7/15/2009
Review By: superberry
This review was updated on 2/25/2013
Pros: If you like insanely wooded courses, this one is for you. We're talking about 460' Double-S curve holes through some awesome woods. This course is nice and quiet, no garbage, no vandalism, and scenic. Well created holes that will force you to execute many accurate and precise throws.
Cons: Only 9 holes - always a bummer. No elevation or water hazards. With both of those features and 9 more holes, this would be AMAZING, but it can't be. I'd suggest getting creative out there, digging a pond, and elevating some tees or pins - then it would be cool! There are these concrete pads in steel forms that seem to be just drug out and dropped in place (i.e. not buried). So, you tee off from a very narrow and raised pad (about 4'x8' and 5" high). They are pretty brutal and limit drives due to the small size and worry of stepping off the edge. Like I said in the Pros, there are insanely long fairways that make you throw multiple times because discs aren't meant to follow a flight path like that. If you're off fairway (which is entirely too easy) you have a HORRIBLE recovery. You really are better off throwing much shorter and controlled shots here. Aand I think that is a CON only because if there is no way the normal flight of some type of disc and some throwing style cannot navigate through the fairway on a drive, you should not be punished. There ought to be one person out of 100 at least who can execute a flight through the design of the fairway and yield a deuce on a hole with a decent putt (my design opinion). But, just consider a few of these holes (probably 4-5 of 9) to be true par 4's and play your placement drives and upshots accordingly. The tee signs are very nice, so much that I've thought of going with the same company.
Other Thoughts: For about 4 years now I've been hearing that 18 holes are designed and planned, with an interior 9 hole loop in addition to the existing loop. I think lack of play and loss of interest from the park owners/designers is contributing to slow growth and lack of progress here. If things would pick up it would be nice. (I believe these woods are more difficult than Winter Park in Kewaunee!)
UPDATE: I played in September and there are now 18 baskets in place! Time has finally come! However, I feel the undergrowth and fine tuning, as well as the need to kill off TONS of poison ivy will take some considerable additional effort that may take a while. I cannot wait to play all 18 and will update my score once I do.

Wow

1    6/28/2009   6/28/2009
Review By: theycallmejg15
Pros: Nice concrete tee pads.. woods if you like woods(trying to think of any is hard)
Cons: Tough to figure out where the baskets are on each hole. had to walk the holes to find them.
The woods is completely overgrown. You really need to watch where you throw. Signs aren't up at every hole.... not for beginners.. take the extra drive to a better course.
Other Thoughts: This place as some major potential but it needs extreme work. Don't waste your time. Bug spray is needed if you go.