Springville, UT
Park Sign

Nothing Special But I'll Take What I Can Get

5+    10/7/2015   10/28/2015
Review By: Cochese
Pros: The first time I played this little 9 hole course I thought it was a waste. As I go back, I do see some benefit to the variety of obstacles and shots that have helped fine tune my accuracy. Nice grassy park, toys to occupy the kids.

There are a couple drives that reach 300+ feet (Hole 2,5), but on those it's better to be short than long as there's a fence with a horse pasture no more than 10 feet past the pin. Some may see this as a Con but I like it. It forces you to really nail down your distance.

There is a pond in play on 4 and 6 that adds some variety, but is fairly easy to avoid.

The final hole is perfect for practicing a nice 200 ft tomahawk. Almost no other clear way through to the basket.
Cons: Holes range from short to very short with, like I said, a couple 300 footers. Tee areas are grass, and the signs are starting to wear down/fall apart. No real variety in elevation.

Hole 1, an errant shot will put you right into the playground. I have an imaginary Mando tree that forces you to go around. (Most drives would naturally want to go around it anyways I'd think)

Very quick to play. I do it twice in under an hour by myself.
Other Thoughts: I play this course because it's close to home and it's good for breaking in some newer players. Definitely not worth making a long trip for.

I almost died once hopping the fence into the horse pasture to retrieve a disc. Cost me a good pair of shorts too. Come to find out there may or may not be a small break in the fence at the southwest corner (close to the pin on 5), but you didn't hear it from me!

Okay, Not The Best Design But Horses!

1    10/17/2015   10/26/2015
Pros: Arts Parks or Spring Acres Park or Central Park or Yosemite National Park or whatever you want to call it is a smallish park located close to Springville High School and the community tennis courts. Park right next to the courts as the disc course starts just to the right of them.

There is a Springville Course sign and map at the start. The tee pads are natural dirt areas. The baskets are old temporary ones set in concrete. A few of them have the leans. You'll have to lean to the left when putting! If your left handed, you lean to the right when putting on a leaning basket!

The signs that are there give the distance, the Pars in middle school speak, like # 5's 318' Par 5, and the hole #. You can go for the Eagle or even the Double eagle or you can be boring and play everything as a par 3.

Overlooking the horses in their pastures are some pretty views of the mountains off in the distance. Makes for kind of a scenic little course.

This another one of those little quick 30 minute rounds courses.

Cons: I guess I was lucky and didn't even notice or fall into the nasty, swamp pond to the south. Oh wait, I was thirsty and did get that drink.

The course is as short as 125' in places. Good for those ACE runs.

# 1 tees off directly over the playground. Be very careful when children are present.

Leaning baskets.

Missing signs. Or # 9 sign is facing sideways. With faced with a sideways facing signs, player should always stand perpendicular to basket when throwing forehanded flick shot. This has been another tip brought to you by "The Valkyrie Kid."

Other Thoughts: This was a strange little course but also a great little 30 minutes round for a serious course bagger, such as myself. Just remember, Don't drink the green, slimy pond water. Leave the horses be and enjoy the lovely mountains view here at whatever the name of this park is this week.

Not practicle

5+    2/24/2014   2/25/2014
Review By: bjornsvenson
Pros: -Location: Many UT DG courses are off the beaten path. This course is in a neighborhood near a school. I can walk/jog to the course for a quick 9 holes.
-Short - The course plays very quick. Its small with little distance from tee to basket.
Cons: -Short: There is almost no challenge to playing this course.
-Design: You're often throwing toward a tee pad. Many markings are missing and play is not intuitive.
-OB: I'm all for OB on a DG course, but the OB here = lost discs. You throwing it 5 feet past half of the holes and you're in a horse pasture. Then you're climbing an 8 ft. fence to retrieve errant discs. On the otherside, 10 feet overthrown often means you're in the drink... which smells and looks like a bio hazard.
Other Thoughts: For a decent game, its worth driving down to Payson or up to American Fork.

Crappy little course

2-4    3/24/2013   10/21/2012
Review By: TheGrim
This review was updated on 3/24/2013
Pros: It has cages, and grass. That's about it.

*UPDATE- On second thought I've played much worse parks and since it does have cages I'm upping the review from .5 to 1.5.
Cons: Terribly marked signs. Terribly placed cris-crossing holes. Throwing right at an impenetrable swamp of eternal disc death on several holes. Missing holes that I'm sure are meant to confuse you.
Other Thoughts: Overall this park was designed by someone who has never picked up a disc in their life. The holes are terribly placed with no thought whatsoever as to what might happen if you don't throw it just right.

I've played for a while on many courses and I can easily say this is my least favorite. I would rather throw my discs at a garbage dump than play this course again.

(Ok, maybe the garbage dump thing is a bit of an exaggeration)

Pleasant little course

1    6/4/2011   6/4/2011
Review By: FHL88
Pros: Completely empty, no trouble parking.

Tees nicely marked (save tee #4) with diagrams showing path to hole, yardage, par.

Wide open space; trees are small

Very nice experience for a beginner like myself. Best part: ample seating at various points on the course to take a breather.
Cons: Hole 3 was not obvious as there were 2 baskets in sight line (I went to the wrong one first, which ended up being 8)

Couldn't find tee #4, but I found hole #4, so maybe starting at Hole #3 would work. (Didn't see the stump referenced in the front page.)

It's a narrow course and the out of bounds areas suck - a horse pasture to the north, no way to get past chain link, and a nasty, swampy pond to the south.
Other Thoughts: This course is a little bit of a drive for me, but the nice layout and lack of people made it a good choice. The park that's closest to me (Riverview Park : http://www.dgcoursereview.com....php?id=3521)is really, really popular with lots of kids on playgrounds, aka moving obstacles.

Also, the front page suggests that it's west of Springville High, but I'd say it's north of it. The parking lot for the course is the driver's ed range.