Springville, UT
Park Sign

Not practicle

5+    2/24/2014   2/25/2014
Review By: bjornsvenson
Pros: -Location: Many UT DG courses are off the beaten path. This course is in a neighborhood near a school. I can walk/jog to the course for a quick 9 holes.
-Short - The course plays very quick. Its small with little distance from tee to basket.
Cons: -Short: There is almost no challenge to playing this course.
-Design: You're often throwing toward a tee pad. Many markings are missing and play is not intuitive.
-OB: I'm all for OB on a DG course, but the OB here = lost discs. You throwing it 5 feet past half of the holes and you're in a horse pasture. Then you're climbing an 8 ft. fence to retrieve errant discs. On the otherside, 10 feet overthrown often means you're in the drink... which smells and looks like a bio hazard.
Other Thoughts: For a decent game, its worth driving down to Payson or up to American Fork.

Crappy little course

2-4    3/24/2013   10/21/2012
Review By: TheGrim
This review was updated on 3/24/2013
Pros: It has cages, and grass. That's about it.

*UPDATE- On second thought I've played much worse parks and since it does have cages I'm upping the review from .5 to 1.5.
Cons: Terribly marked signs. Terribly placed cris-crossing holes. Throwing right at an impenetrable swamp of eternal disc death on several holes. Missing holes that I'm sure are meant to confuse you.
Other Thoughts: Overall this park was designed by someone who has never picked up a disc in their life. The holes are terribly placed with no thought whatsoever as to what might happen if you don't throw it just right.

I've played for a while on many courses and I can easily say this is my least favorite. I would rather throw my discs at a garbage dump than play this course again.

(Ok, maybe the garbage dump thing is a bit of an exaggeration)

Pleasant little course

1    6/4/2011   6/4/2011
Review By: FHL88
Pros: Completely empty, no trouble parking.

Tees nicely marked (save tee #4) with diagrams showing path to hole, yardage, par.

Wide open space; trees are small

Very nice experience for a beginner like myself. Best part: ample seating at various points on the course to take a breather.
Cons: Hole 3 was not obvious as there were 2 baskets in sight line (I went to the wrong one first, which ended up being 8)

Couldn't find tee #4, but I found hole #4, so maybe starting at Hole #3 would work. (Didn't see the stump referenced in the front page.)

It's a narrow course and the out of bounds areas suck - a horse pasture to the north, no way to get past chain link, and a nasty, swampy pond to the south.
Other Thoughts: This course is a little bit of a drive for me, but the nice layout and lack of people made it a good choice. The park that's closest to me (Riverview Park : http://www.dgcoursereview.com....php?id=3521)is really, really popular with lots of kids on playgrounds, aka moving obstacles.

Also, the front page suggests that it's west of Springville High, but I'd say it's north of it. The parking lot for the course is the driver's ed range.