8 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: - Simply fantastic. One of the best courses in the region. I dare say one of the best in Virginia.
- This course has such a wide variety of hole types, it will test every aspect of your game to the fullest.
- From wooded to open, with extreme elevation changes and plenty of hazards, this course makes for a true mental endurance test.
- Very nice, descriptive tee signs.
- Two teepads as well as alternate basket positions available for each hole.
Cons: - Holes 11, 13, and 15 still have heavy underbrush in some locations making shot placement very important. Errant throws on these holes could very possibly end up in lost discs.
- Small, gravel tee boxes don't provide good space or footing for tee shots.
- Hole 16 (blue tee) has a tree about 20ft in front of the tee box that is directly in the middle of the very narrow (less than 15ft) fairway. I'm all for tests of accuracy, but really?
Other Thoughts: This is still a very new course and even though all baskets, tees, and signs are in place, I suspect that the builders are not finished yet. I look for more trees and underbrush to be cleared which should make for an even more enjoyable experience come Spring of 2011.
Variety:5 Balance:4 Strategy:5 Character:5 Fun:5 Avg: 4.8
8 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.