Dartmouth, NS
Dartmouth Commons DGC Share
Uploaded By: mpcorbett Hole #7
Hole #7 Tee: Walk to the corner of the path beside the tree. Look down the hill towards the roof of the pagoda. The target is the largest trunk tree which you can see just to the left of the pagoda roof.

1    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: NinaD
This review was updated on 5/13/2013
Pros: Nice setting with great views of Halifax Harbour,
Good mix of terrain (hills, dog legs, trees),
very well laid out course (hole 18 ends near where hole 1 starts), good variety of hole lengths with matching pars.

Cons: No baskets, other park users (dog walkers, bike riders, joggers) made me a little tentative at some holes - I didn't want to hit anyone. :P
Without a map & photos of the holes or a guide you won't know where to go.
Kind of nerve wracking for a single woman playing alone. A little bit creepy, in a not so good part of town.
Other Thoughts: Although there are no baskets, the designers have marked all the target trees with neon string so it is still easy to know where you are aiming.
I took the photos (with hole descriptions added to them) and map of the holes off the website and loaded them onto my iTouch. I used my iTouch while in the park as a guide and it worked very well. If you don't have any reference you won't know where to go so I highly suggest doing this or contacting one of the designers to show you around.
I really liked this course. For a new course in it's infancy it is awesome. If the city allows baskets or tone targets and signage it will be a wonderful course!

Dartmouth Commons Disc Golf

5+    6/5/2011   9/5/2011
Review By: Fishdisease
Pros: Well, I helped design it so I love it.
- It's the only course in Halifax
- Lots of variety, some open holes, some narrow holes
- There is a fair bit of elevation, makes for a few interesting drives.
- Excellent views of Halifax
- Objects are easily identified
- Lots of "water" make for some challenging holes
- The length of some holes allows you to rip it
- The locals are friendly and always interested in what we are doing.
Cons: - No baskets...yet.
Other Thoughts: You've got to start somewhere and this is ours. If you ever come out to Halifax bring your discs and get in contact with myself or Mike. We'll play a round (or a few) and perhaps hit the pub after for a pint (or a few).

Thanks!