Dartmouth, NS
Dartmouth Commons DGC Share
Uploaded By: mpcorbett Hole #5
Hole #5 Tee: Straight up the hill along the fence line. Target is a double-trunk paper birch tree (third one in a row of trees) alongside the ball field. Strike the trunk closest to the baseball diamond.

1    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: NinaD
This review was updated on 5/13/2013
Pros: Nice setting with great views of Halifax Harbour,
Good mix of terrain (hills, dog legs, trees),
very well laid out course (hole 18 ends near where hole 1 starts), good variety of hole lengths with matching pars.

Cons: No baskets, other park users (dog walkers, bike riders, joggers) made me a little tentative at some holes - I didn't want to hit anyone. :P
Without a map & photos of the holes or a guide you won't know where to go.
Kind of nerve wracking for a single woman playing alone. A little bit creepy, in a not so good part of town.
Other Thoughts: Although there are no baskets, the designers have marked all the target trees with neon string so it is still easy to know where you are aiming.
I took the photos (with hole descriptions added to them) and map of the holes off the website and loaded them onto my iTouch. I used my iTouch while in the park as a guide and it worked very well. If you don't have any reference you won't know where to go so I highly suggest doing this or contacting one of the designers to show you around.
I really liked this course. For a new course in it's infancy it is awesome. If the city allows baskets or tone targets and signage it will be a wonderful course!

Dartmouth Commons Disc Golf

5+    6/5/2011   9/5/2011
Review By: Fishdisease
Pros: Well, I helped design it so I love it.
- It's the only course in Halifax
- Lots of variety, some open holes, some narrow holes
- There is a fair bit of elevation, makes for a few interesting drives.
- Excellent views of Halifax
- Objects are easily identified
- Lots of "water" make for some challenging holes
- The length of some holes allows you to rip it
- The locals are friendly and always interested in what we are doing.
Cons: - No baskets...yet.
Other Thoughts: You've got to start somewhere and this is ours. If you ever come out to Halifax bring your discs and get in contact with myself or Mike. We'll play a round (or a few) and perhaps hit the pub after for a pint (or a few).

Thanks!