Canal Winchester, OH
The Twilight Zone Share

In The Zone!

1    6/22/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: Jay Dub
Pros: #1 pro is Chuck and his wife. Great hosts!!
Driving up the driveway to Chuck's house I wondered how there could be a course here. But it's there and very enjoyable.
There is a great mix of shots on this course. Don't let the 160' hole #1 fool you.
The baskets are all unique and decorated in some way. One just simply has grass growing up thru the bottom and is trimmed even with the top of the basket. Your putt will stick in this basket. The green is cut nice.
While playing my round of golf there (we were a 12some playing doubles) I forgot where I was (on a make shift golf course that uses seven baskets to make 18 holes) and just felt like I was on a fun, challenging golf course (with great people btw).
A nice mixture of shots on what could be used for a pro tournament if laid out as 18 holes on many more acres. If you are not confident in your game this might not be for you. I see that as a pro for the course.
Chuck has designed other courses, or "has had his hand in the design" and his layout shows he knows what makes a disc golf course.
Also, it's a private course. Always a pro imo.
Cons: Cons are simple. No tee pads or tee signs. Seven baskets make up 18 holes. It's best to have the host/hostess play along the first time so you can find the course.
Other Thoughts: Make sure and check this course out if you are in the area or plan to go there anytime soon.
Another great part of the trip was I got to see Chuck and his wife. It's been 20 years since we saw or played golf with each other.

Solid course/great people

1    11/11/2012   11/11/2012
Review By: Sweddymercury
Pros: -Quite lil private course
-Very creative layout
-Great use of space
-Nice mix of short and long rips
-Technical and challenging hole and tee locations make u use all shots types.

Cons: Could possibly get confused if U can't read a map
Other Thoughts: Chuck and his wife are great hosts. We drove abt an hour to play on a whim. I suggest everyone in central Ohio check out The Twilight Zone.

Kick ass private course

1    9/17/2010   9/18/2010
Review By: culinarywiz
Pros: Great diversity

Respectable elevation

Varying/Solid length's

True risk/reward shots

Fantastic "character"
Cons: Some dirt, gravel & unmarked tee's

Variety of pin types

Some pins are used as the target on 2 holes
Other Thoughts: As my title states...this course kicks ass.

Considering this course is on 5 acres, I feel the land was used wonderfully.

Yes, I noted that some tee's are used on multiple holes as a con. This is only because it would be ideal not to have to do this. However, the diversity is unquestioned. Each of the two shots on the dual pins vary in lines and distance significantly.

This layout calls for all the shots. You will need hyzers, annys and strait shots. There are some low ceiling shots, some tunnel shots and some roller shots. The course is not too long for the average player, but I assure you, the challenge is in line for a Blue level player.

You need to call ahead. The course is literally in Chucks back yard. You will definitely need a map. There are a couple maps at hole 1 in the mail box, between the trees. I was fortunate to have played the entire round with the the owner/creator. He was a gracious host. His passion for the sport is evident in his design.

There are benches, brooms and "flair" on many holes. Some holes have rubber pads.

I will certainly be back. This course is worth a trip.