Logan , OH
Hocking Peaks Share
Uploaded By: roadtripstuff Hole #6 (Taken 5/2011)
3 / 248ft.   3 / --   3 / 329ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Am. Tee Sign

Expensive and def not for beginners

1    7/20/2013   7/22/2013
Review By: tyoism
Pros: Hole layout is varied and offers good distance and play. More uphill tee offs than I'm used to allowed me to work on that part of my skill set.
Cons: Cost: $9 each for 18 holes. Worse... they would not give a refund when a lightening storm ended our game at hole 7. They said we could reschedule but we were only there for a weekend camping trip.

Maintenance: The course was very poorly maintained on everything but the fairway. The surrounding areas were 3-5ft. tall grass with frequent briars. Hole 6 through the woods required nothing but precision. I was 30 ft. from the pin on my drive but still had to climb through briars and thorns (so high one stuck in my head).

Due to the tall grass all around I had to run ahead for my friends to drive so I could follow their disc (both beginners with large hooks inevitably taking them into the grass)
Other Thoughts: The two beginners I had with me had never really played and I felt so terrible that this was their first experience.

Aug 2012

1    8/8/2012   8/16/2012
Review By: T-peezy
Pros: -Well marked holes
-A few nice wooded holes
-Good elevation change on almost every hole
-Nice people working there.
-The holes in the woods are pretty solid.
Cons: -Easy to lose discs
-Majority of holes are in a field with tall grass. They have a 20-30ft strip of mowed grass down the middle as a fairway. If you miss the narrow fairway then expect to spend a great deal of time searching through thorns and tall grass.
-Costs $9 to play
-Several holes have no obstacle other than elevation change and fear of throwing into tall grass.

Hocking Peaks

1    5/18/2012   5/23/2012
Review By: BigBen1421
Pros: -The staff is very friendly and helpful
- The scenery was great on most of the holes, while weaving in and out of their awesome zip line course.
Cons: -No course maps, there were multiple times where I had zero idea on how to get to the next tee.
-I had to pay 18 dollars for 18 holes for my buddy and I.
-The course is horribly maintained. All they mowed was a small fairway on each hole in which you would have to be a pro to hit every single fairway without going in to the rough.The rough is getting to the upwards of 2-3 feet deep.
-I spent over an hour looking for all of my disks when some were only a couple feet off the fairway.
-I received poison ivy while playing there and still have a few rashes from this course.
-My buddy lost a total of 3 discs. This is not a place to take beginners.
-The tee boxes are short and have large gravel. No one wants to tee off while having uncomfortable,jagged rocks underneath their feet.
Other Thoughts: -For 9 dollars a person to play 18 holes you would think that the 5 or so workers that they have sitting in the field house would come out and try to maintain the frisbee golf course. You can tell that they cater to their zip-line customers the most. I've played 22 courses in the state of Ohio and this is as close to the bottom as it gets. I even shot pretty well, -4, which for me isnt too bad at all. This course needs some major work for me to ever think about paying 9 dollars to come back. What a waste of gas money and time.